After school/ Saturday jobs you did as a kid.

Co-op on Mauldeth Road West from being 14 to 17. An hour after school and all day Saturday £10.80, when I quit school I worked there full-time for a while but was paid cash in hand. £29 a week if I put a full week in, no tax. When I started a 'proper job' we got a cheque for £39 second day we were there which I thought was decent money until someone told me we were being paid 2 weeks in advance.

Saturday job at Haughey's Bakery in Edgeley. This was in the mid - late eighties. Can't remember what I earned but the honeybuns were lovely.

Fucking hell mate, you get locked up for that up here.
What does it pay, and are they hiring?
I was wondering who'd be the first to edit that....you were first on my list. You'd be team leader before the pub lunch

Funnily enough I'm just sat in the Corn Exchange having something to eat and my mum used to have a cafe/restaurant in there. Used to work there on a Saturday and make butties during the school holidays. Mike Summerbee was one of our regular customers.

Think I got a fiver a day.

Washed cars on a Saturday morning if we were at home and most of the day if we were away,ranged from 25p for Hillman imp to 50p for the local docs Rover P40 he use to lend me some steps to reach centre of the roof.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.