Rate this season

Their squad isn't a patch on ours.

How many of theirs would replace the corresponding one of ours? Not many.

The sad but simple fact is this. For all mourinho is a hateful twat, he's a far far better manager than the fella we waited four years and two managers for.

Mourinho came to England and thrived. Pep has come and looks broken by it.

I'm waiting for the excuses next season. "He's had to bed in x number of new players so this is a transitional season. Again" or god forbid "he couldn't get 'his' players in as he couldn't offer champions league"

That's what you think the reality is United have a much younger squad, as well as in many positions they have better depth in compared to City. Mou took over a much better Chelsea side when he first came if that's what your speaking about, who had a more balance squad.

He seems to be doing OK without spending anything. You may not like his style but he's a far better manager of resources than many of the more glitzy names.

Yes, but doesn't mean he'd be good taking over a squad worth millions, we've seen this fail many times. Some managers do well with lower teams, but not top others do well with top and not lower, some maybe able to do both.

Mourinho is also not the man who first arrived in England a decade ago. He looks a bit broken by his Madrid and Chelsea, 2nd time round, experiences.

But his first season at Chelsea was way more impressive than Guardiola's efforts this year. The essential problem for me this year was the signings. We brought in young players with a view to the future, Sadly the positions they play in were not our problem areas on the park. Had we brought in Mendy and Fabinho say instead of Sane and Gabriel Jesus we would no doubt have had a much better season.

Still it's great we have signed two such talented forward players before anyone else did.

Let's be honest I doubt many people in the football world knew who Mendy and Fabinho were before the rise of Monaco.

I don't entirely blame Pep or City for buying those young players, football is also a business when players like that are in the market it's hard to veto them. BM told Sane he'd be 2nd or 3rd choice and they wanted him to wait a year so his fee can drop a little City got him instead, I bet now their kicking themselves since they rely on 2, 33 year old on the wings.

I think this summers transfer is a little more difficult then people think, City have 13 players who are 30 and over, players that are hard to sell, especially since some of their contracts are running down some clubs are probably waiting till their free to take instead. City probably also have some form of wage bill in place and amount they don't want to exceed, Nasri/Bony/Hart combined are making £330K weekly, while Kompany is making £120K and Yaya £220K, so weekly City are paying £670K on players who aren't apart of Pep plan, one has injury problems while the other is 33 years old. These players are also hard to sell because clubs probably don't want to pay them the money they want. Bony is getting paid 100K, how many clubs will pay him that?

Sane is making £55K weekly, as bad as Bravo is I saw that he's only making £10K, Stones is £100K, Gundo £120K, Nolito £100K, Jesus is probably earning a little less then £100K I would believe.

Perhaps City and Pep were in the market, but they had a hard time tracking actually proper talent. Outside of Bravo and maybe Nolito I don't think City had a bad transfer window tbh they may have not strengthen what they needed it, but that doesn't mean the transfer window was bad in itself.

Let's be honest I doubt many people in the football world knew who Mendy and Fabinho were before the rise of Monaco.

I don't entirely blame Pep or City for buying those young players, football is also a business when players like that are in the market it's hard to veto them. BM told Sane he'd be 2nd or 3rd choice and they wanted him to wait a year so his fee can drop a little City got him instead, I bet now their kicking themselves since they rely on 2, 33 year old on the wings.

I think this summers transfer is a little more difficult then people think, City have 13 players who are 30 and over, players that are hard to sell, especially since some of their contracts are running down some clubs are probably waiting till their free to take instead. City probably also have some form of wage bill in place and amount they don't want to exceed, Nasri/Bony/Hart combined are making £330K weekly, while Kompany is making £120K and Yaya £220K, so weekly City are paying £670K on players who aren't apart of Pep plan, one has injury problems while the other is 33 years old. These players are also hard to sell because clubs probably don't want to pay them the money they want. Bony is getting paid 100K, how many clubs will pay him that?

Sane is making £55K weekly, as bad as Bravo is I saw that he's only making £10K, Stones is £100K, Gundo £120K, Nolito £100K, Jesus is probably earning a little less then £100K I would believe.

Perhaps City and Pep were in the market, but they had a hard time tracking actually proper talent. Outside of Bravo and maybe Nolito I don't think City had a bad transfer window tbh they may have not strengthen what they needed it, but that doesn't mean the transfer window was bad in itself.

Have you plucked those wages from thin air?

I will answer your question on Bony though - none

Have you plucked those wages from thin air?

I will answer your question on Bony though - none

No.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/manchester-city-player-salaries/

http://sillyseason.com/salary/manchester-city-players-salaries-69071/

http://footballplayerpro.com/manchester-city-player-salaries/

Not saying these are entirely accurate. I was curious about my own club and their wage structures, etc, so did a little research then thought about it when I heard users talking about City transfers I went to look into their player wages.

No.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/manchester-city-player-salaries/

http://sillyseason.com/salary/manchester-city-players-salaries-69071/

http://footballplayerpro.com/manchester-city-player-salaries/

Not saying these are entirely accurate. I was curious about my own club and their wage structures, etc, so did a little research then thought about it when I heard users talking about City transfers I went to look into their player wages.

According to that, we're paying Boyata 70 grand a week.
That's six times as much as Bravo, a player that actually plays for us.

Surely that would make him just about the lowest paid first choice keeper in the Premier League? It may be correct but I would be amazed if he'd left Barca for that wage.

According to that, we're paying Boyata 70 grand a week.
That's six times as much as Bravo, a player that actually plays for us.

lmao I know as I said I don't know if its all accurate, but I think some of it is. There 3 different sites that list Bravo at 10K, unless they forgot to add another 0 and the other sites took it off one of those site.

http://sportsmaza.com/football/manchester-city-players-salary/

This shows he's actually at 100K, so it was probably a typo.

lmao I know as I said I don't know if its all accurate, but I think some of it is. There 3 different sites that list Bravo at 10K, unless they forgot to add another 0 and the other sites took it off one of those site.
Actually I'm going to assume they are correct and haven't missed off a 0, it'll make me marginally less fed up.

The fact that they don't even know that he doesn't play for us is enough to tell you that they are talking out of their fucking arses.
I won't even bother with Richard Wright.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.