It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford has potential but isn't quite at the standard we should be looking for.

Last edited:
!! I'm one of the few that's not happy with our midfield. That's exactly what I'm looking for.
You're surely not the only one, but what Alli has to do with midfield? He's basically a second striker and doesn't fit 3-forward formations with wide wingers, just like Griezmann or the likes.
We already have a genuine No10 in KdB who seems to be effectively integrated only when played on a wing, coupled with an attacking RB. Do you need another player with the same problems? I can't get the fascination with Alli, there's no place for him in our setup unless Pep is going to use some extreme formations like this (which I honestly don't believe, and that would be curtains for Sterling):
Barcelona-vs-_Osasuna-_Grundformationen2.png

What we desperately need is press-resistant No8 and No6. If it's impossible to get stars like B.Silva, Isco, Weigl or Verratti, we can take a punt on 2nd tier players like Carvalho, Diawara or Barkley. Recent rumours about our interest in them make real sense to me.
Alli? I don't get it unless Pep is planning to retrain him for some different position (8 or 6) or change tactical approach significantly.

Haha. Jokes aside, there's a top keeper in Bravo somewhere. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if next season he hits the ground running and by this time next season he's our established number 1. The guy has been top most of his career he hasn't suddenly become shit!
Nice to see someone bring some sense and perspective to the 'Bravo conversation.' Enjoyable to read. I don't know if he will be here next season or if he would be the 'No.1' but it is more than possible that he could come through this to be even stronger than before. And mental fortitude would be a welcome addition to this team (and sometimes 'going through the shit' is a great way to develop this quality?)

This is where it pays to trust your scouts. My understanding is that his footwork is the best they've EVER seen at the the club from a keeper. Also it's worth baring in mind that we were ready to sign him in Jan. Why would we be there if they hadn't done extensive homework on his footwork? For me that's not going to be an issue. If we're going in for him they already know his kicking is strong as hell and he's confident with it.

The best our club has ever seen, or the best sunderland have seen?

He has been severely tested and thrown in at a club going down and for me has shown his shot stopping is already incredible.

He is also young enough to learn new tricks so to speak and develop the passing side of his game that Pep and us going forwards will need.

English and a great keeper in the making so whats not to like?
100% agree I also think he would be very affordable and keen to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.