Referees/Officials

Howard Webb's half-time analysis of the officials' performances pretty much tells you all you need to know about the implementation of the video referral system.

Premeditated assault on Silva - "It's too early in the game to give a yellow"
Aguero penalty - "There was a slight touch but I can understand why the ref didn't give the penalty"
The award of the goal kick - "All I can say is that at the time he must've been certain that the whole of the ball went out or he wouldn't have given it"
Sanchez penalty - "Yeah, that's a definite penalty, I'd have given that one"

AND all the linesmen have to do is flag for offside when they're "not sure", the game then stops and we're left complaining (again) after the video shows that Aguero/Sane/Sterling/etc WAS actually onside, but what're you going to do about it?

Don't hold your breath for video reffing to sort ANYTHING out because it simply will not.
Very good points,and who's to say the video ref will give what the majority feel is the correct decision anyway,the aguero one was deemed stonewall by Wright and rio,but Webb says no,so it's not going to be as clear cut as some think,the video ref may have agreed with Webb's take on it and say to match ref "no pen"..

Very good points,and who's to say the video ref will give what the majority feel is the correct decision anyway,the aguero one was deemed stonewall by Wright and rio,but Webb says no,so it's not going to be as clear cut as some think,the video ref may have agreed with Webb's take on it and say to match ref "no pen"..
If the video ref is run anything like the disciplinary panel then I will be fecking pointless.

Video ref will work I believe. It's their new shiny toy and I dont think they are going to let some video ref abuse the system to give decisions about us.

there will be 50/50s and they are open to question at anytime, but things like the Liverpool penalty, Luis on Ageuro in the first game, Sterling against Arsenal, will not be allowed to stand as fair decisions.The ref has always had the excuse of "didnt see it" but now they wont. The press will have a field day, fans will be in uproar. The prem are suppossed to be trialling this arent they? so I assume they would want it to be succesful too.

I would be more worried about how many 50/50 decisions we get against us, because that might continue.

Don't think it's going to be as cut and dry as some think,it's needed big time but it's still not gonna resolve a lot of issues in my opinion..
I agree. It might have resolved our disallowed goal on Sunday but penalties will still be subject to interpretation and it won't stop the sustained assaults on our payers that seem to be endemic these days.

My only point was there have been controversial/contentious decisions which have gone in our favour and to suggest otherwise is blinkered and dilutes the argument.

As you have highlighted such incidents it goes to prove what I have said is correct. So thank you.
Yet again with an idiotic, moronic strawman argument.
No one has suggested City have not got decisions in their favour.
However the decisions we have got are mostly correct or at worst, marginal.

Of the 7-8 games which have seen game-changing, clearly and outrageously wrong refereeing decisions have ALL
Note ALL
Gone AGAINST City.

I have highlighted that even the few most supposedly controversial decisions in our favour were either correct or marginal at worst.

Does that penetrate that thick skull yet?

The video thing might just at least reduce the ammount of bent / incompetent decisions to an acceptable level. Partly by correcting the incompetent and partly by deterring the crooked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.