Match Thread - Chelsea V City (2nd leg FA Youth Cup)

Just think about how fucking stupid that sentence is.

"Oh so you turned up in every single game except one (Including when you beat Chelsea a month ago), when everyone else struggled as well. sorry you don't deserve a chance"

As I said I've watched more than one my friend. They are streamed on Facebook now so much more accessible. I've probably seen 5/6 full games and bits and pieces of others. So yes, I haven't seen all the games but I've also seen little that tells me Sancho is ready yet.

You sound like you have seen more than me. So if you think he's ready I'm happy to take your word for it.

I'll be amazed if they can turn this round, despite the decent finish to the first half, we'll press they'll pick us off.

Simply put, they are the superior team, and its quite disappointing, none of ours are anywhere close to first team football imho.
Fair enough, however if you take one player out and put him in a much stronger team (i.e. our first team) and they'll have a better platform to perform.

Personally i think Foden and Diaz could handle some first team minutes comfortably enough, in certain games and circumstances of course.

Again I wonder if our style of play helps or hinders our players. Why playing out from the back is so important is beyond me. The best teams imo are quick not ponderous.

If you are looking at players making the grade, this is the type of game they need to step up in. Sancho is only just 17 but I can see why people would be questioning Foden (with his reputation), he has done nothing. Brahim looks like he always does but doesn't always make the right decision really bad simple pass that led to their second goal.

The key Chelsea players are stepping up to the plate.

David Silva played Spanish 2nd division football as an 18 year old, graduated to La Liga on loan at Celta Vigo when 19, became a regular for Valencia when 20. I dont really see why Foden or Diaz would be expected to be more advanced than him. They're not very strong for their age or possess blistering pace so will need time to develop. In this sort of game, against a much physically stronger team, they're struggling to impose themselves, which shouldnt be a surprise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.