Match Thread - Chelsea V City (2nd leg FA Youth Cup)

Is it me or, like last year, do the Chelsea kids just look bigger and stronger??

Yep. By a long, long way. They're the same ago too madly.

Chelsea just sign early developers. Bigger, faster, stronger. They're good footballers too, but their effectiveness dies out the second the rest catch up with them a couple of years later physically.

Chelsea are miles better than us. You could see that in the first leg. I think this team is to nice. No one wants to put a challenge in!!

Too many of the same mould of player. Too much empathise on the small, technically gifted players. The Premier League will always have players built like these Chelsea lads, we could take a leaf from their book when it comes to recruitment.

It's been said a few time but they are a clone of the first team. Take's us an age to create a decent chance with high possession based football and they go forward and create goal scoring opportunities at will.

It doesn't - against teams that aren't physical beasts like Chelsea and are about the same size as most normal 16/17 year olds we create chances for fun.

Is it me or, like last year, do the Chelsea kids just look bigger and stronger??

Yes they are pal, I was told it's like this pretty much all the way through their academy big lads for their age don't know if this is what they scout.

Too many of the same mould of player. Too much empathise on the small, technically gifted players. The Premier League will always have players built like these Chelsea lads, we could take a leaf from their book when it comes to recruitment.

Chelsea's size isn't normal at this level. No other team has an academy like it - and it rarely if ever bears fruit as that emphasise on size dies down as they're just early developers. It matters nowt when they get to 20 and everyone is just as big. We've got small players, but most will be totally fine size wise by the time they're 19/20, like most people. They're just young and normal for their ages.

The don't pick physicality over talent, they clearly have both.
Don't misread what I said, I didn't say they don't pick talent, but they pick talent with physicality, we just pick talent.

One thing that stands out here more than anything for me is team ethic, they are well drilled and use both aspects well, while we rely on the individual talent.

It doesn't - against teams that aren't physical beasts like Chelsea and are about the same size as most normal 16/17 year olds we create chances for fun.

Yeah but I watched both legs of the final and they've hardly created anything, so the fact they scored nearly 4 a game all through the league season, they obviously can't create anything!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.