Match Thread - Chelsea V City (2nd leg FA Youth Cup)

Style of play doesn't help. Completely exposed.

The defensive tactic seems to be back off, show them into the box onto their strong foot and let them **** it at the keeper without so much as an attempt to block the ball. I know the Chelsea lads are quicker and stronger but its been no excuse. The slow slow build up is just inviting us to be broken on though I know what you mean.

Well we got well beaten in the FINAL......but we did brilliant well to get there again.

And i'm glad those who got to watch their only youth game of the season were able to pass on their expert knowledge and opinion to the rest of us,lol.

Most men finish having growth spurts by the age of 18. Some of our lads would have to have a serious growth spurt to end up much bigger than they are now.

Some of them are already 5'8/5'9. They'll end up around 6ft which is totally fine. Some will be 5'7/5'8, yes, but that's fine too like Silva/Aguero once you become an adult. Chelsea's lads are already around 6'2 NOW though which is fucking mental at 16.

A difficult night for the youngsters. Chelsea were very good in all departments and physically stronger. It was tough out there for our defence, especially the left back who was given a torrid time by Sterling.

I don't think the difference is down to playing out. Chelsea are so much more athletic and at this age that makes a huge difference.
True but we don't help ourselves either. If it's to develops skills and confidence in the kids I guess it's fair enough but in general there is something lacking in the tippytappy style. I just hope that at senior level we evolve tactics that work to create good football with good results.

The positive I'll take from this game is that it gives the City players an eye-opener, like "Do you really think as you are that your ready for first team football?" They still have to improve massively, but should know, they are still so young, take the next year to further develop.

In regards to chelsea's players size, some people are saying Chelsea are recruiting player's built physically, while City are prioritizing technical players, the problem with your argument is that Chelsea's players are also technically sound. The reason Mbappe is so impressive for his age is that he built amazingly (even though he is young).

Our policy is honestly fine, because our lads our 'normal' size, but Chelsea's has massive merit, find genetic freaks, then develop their technical quality, this has merit. The best is probably a mix of the two approaches.

Agree.

My concern is we are not creating leaders or players who understand what it means to win do or die football matches. Chelsea are as their trophy haul in recent years show.

We are like Arsenal with our nice patterns and tiki-taka players, but like Arsenal have no backbone or leaders. You cannot make it to the top without both that mentality and the technical ability.

I have seen Ravel Morrison at youth level who absolutely bossed games and looked a possible world beater. No backbone or fight in him though from a footballing prospective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.