Favourite Derby Goal

Steve MacKenzie scoring the only goal of the game in February 1981, because it was the first derby goal I saw live after more than 5 years watching City. Until then, my old man would let me go to matches against anyone else (including fairly tasty dust-ups with the likes of Leeds and Liverpool), but insisted that the "trouble" at the derby was just too much. When I finally made it to one and we won, it was a great moment.

Vincent's goal 1-0,the celebration after he scored,might be my imagination,but,he jumped that high he was giving high-five,s to the front row in blocks 308& 309.

I quite liked Benjani's at their place on Munich50 day! Not a spectacular goal, but he scored it on his debut, gave us our first win at the Swamp since Denis Law's backheel, and a very nice way to ruin their 50th Anniversary after our impeccable observance of one minutes silence.

However, two others also stand out from the crowd:

1) Kompany's towering header (and even higher celebration leap!) for 1-0 and putting us one massive step closer to glory.

2) Yaya's at Wembley, just for the sheer joy it elicited and where it led us. One of the few goals that ever made me cry for joy at a football match!

Vinny header; purely for his celebration.
Another reason for this goal is I was watching it in a bar with a couple of other City Fans. There were loads of Rag's in there, and there was one particular c**t who was stood tight behind me practically breathing down my neck and screaming in my ear for most of the game. When Vinny smashed in that header I just calmly turned found with my finger on my lips and said "shhhhhhhh!". The look on his face was f**king priceless.

Steve MacKenzie scoring the only goal of the game in February 1981, because it was the first derby goal I saw live after more than 5 years watching City. Until then, my old man would let me go to matches against anyone else (including fairly tasty dust-ups with the likes of Leeds and Liverpool), but insisted that the "trouble" at the derby was just too much. When I finally made it to one and we won, it was a great moment.

That was the first derby my Dad took me to, sitting at the back of the Platt Lane Stand. It was our last derby victory before the 5-1, too.

Silva chip pass to Dzeko to cement 6.

They are all great though, doesn't matter if it's a Tevez header then giving shit to Pisscan or a Dzeko knee or a Benjani shoulder they are all great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.