It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going out on a limb and saying our new full backs gonna be Walker + Mendy.

Walker did tell Pochetinno and Spurs that he wants to move to City and they are furious that he's been "tapped up" - but I think it's gonna happen.

An interesting potential link up between him an Raz baring in mind they are international teammates as well.

Mendy will definitely have all those options + more, but I think that he our need for a left back is so pressing that I can see us blowing everyone out of the water in terms of the package we offer him.

Mendy excites me based on the relatively little I've seen of him i.e. playing us. Actually, he and Walker seem to have a lot of similar traits in terms of their pace, strength, ability to get up line. However, not a huge admirer of Walker for some reason (aside from being a Spurs player): not sure how good he is defensively, mind you I thought Raz gave Mendy some problems. That said, if we'd had Spurs' full backs this season, we might well be champions.

If we did end up with these two as our full backs, they surely would be an improvement. I'd rather have someone in the Fabinho mold but maybe Pep is not so concerned with inverting his full backs for EPL games?

IIRC, Walker is a Northerner so it's believable that he wants to move to City (for more than just football / financial reasons).

Because of how bad our full backs are it'll be an upgrade of the levels of Jo > Aguero. Scary good.
can't help but feel confused about walker. seems to just have come out of nowhere. of all the spurs players to be edging for a move to us he would've been last on my list

can't help but feel confused about walker. seems to just have come out of nowhere. of all the spurs players to be edging for a move to us he would've been last on my list

Walker + Rose are the best fullbacks in the league so I get it completely. In fact there's few full backs in the world better imo.

All that says is how shit fullbacks are imo though.

I think it points more to how Pochettino has tailored the system well to hide their weaknesses and exploit their strengths. I'm not sure either is a brilliant crosser beyond simple pullbacks or squaring it when they're already behind the defence - but they don't need to because Eriksen drifts to the wide areas to deliver all the proper crosses. Neither is a great defender outside of muscling opposing forwards off the ball or tidying up balls down the channels/over the top, but they've got 3 CB's and Wanyama to do all the complex defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.