Man of the Match - Manchester United (h)

Man of the Match - Manchester United (h)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zaba, contributed a lot going forward and really helped to snuff out a lot of their counter attacking chances.

That said, Atkinson deserves a big shout, finally Bog Brush gets a red for assaulting one of our players.

De Bruyne does deserves the man of the match award and that was one of his better performances in a long while. Created our best chances in the game which we didn't convert. If you or any of the supporters voted for any of the defenders that would mean United would of put us under the cosh all of the game.

I'm assuming you watched on TV and not at the ground? Kompany and Otamendi were absolutely superb, as was Yaya. It doesn't mean United had us under pressure, it means that United were playing on the break, but our two centre halves were imperious at cutting it out early and decisively.

Me and the guy I was at the game with both said DeBruyne was a major reason why we didn't break them down. United played 2 deep blocks and didn't allow him any space. So DeBruyne just disappeared for long spells and didn't offer himself as an option. He was supposed to be the playmaker. It's his job to constantly provide an option, and he completely failed at that.

Yaya had to step up to dictate play because DeBruyne was simply not interested in doing so. That led to Yaya having to spray 40 yard balls to the wingers, and Aguero having to drop 20 yards too deep to get the ball.

DeBruyne is fantastic when he's got loads of space to either run in to or exploit with one of his devastating early balls. But in tight spaces against deep lying packed defences, he's pretty uninterested and ineffective. A couple of decent crosses in a game isn't enough in that role. He should be dictating play in there, and he did a lousy job of that last night.

I went with Zaba but I voted VK first then changed my vote........... I still am not sure if I shouldn't have gone for VK but he and Zaba were only a whisker apart!! Great show from everyone, even Bravo made a fantastic double save in the first half.

Gone for Kevin. Supplied some wicked crosses which on another night would have yielded goals. Several others equally worthy. Kun very unlucky. Again!

I'm assuming you watched on TV and not at the ground? Kompany and Otamendi were absolutely superb, as was Yaya. It doesn't mean United had us under pressure, it means that United were playing on the break, but our two centre halves were imperious at cutting it out early and decisively.

Me and the guy I was at the game with both said DeBruyne was a major reason why we didn't break them down. United played 2 deep blocks and didn't allow him any space. So DeBruyne just disappeared for long spells and didn't offer himself as an option. He was supposed to be the playmaker. It's his job to constantly provide an option, and he completely failed at that.

Yaya had to step up to dictate play because DeBruyne was simply not interested in doing so. That led to Yaya having to spray 40 yard balls to the wingers, and Aguero having to drop 20 yards too deep to get the ball.

DeBruyne is fantastic when he's got loads of space to either run in to or exploit with one of his devastating early balls. But in tight spaces against deep lying packed defences, he's pretty uninterested and ineffective. A couple of decent crosses in a game isn't enough in that role. He should be dictating play in there, and he did a lousy job of that last night.

I completely agree re De Bruyne. I was in the ground and was dissapointed with him. He need to take more responsibility. However, when I came on here and people are talking about how well he played. Not for me

I completely agree re De Bruyne. I was in the ground and was dissapointed with him. He need to take more responsibility. However, when I came on here and people are talking about how well he played. Not for me

I think it's down to whether you've watched in the ground or on TV, mate. In the ground you can see him hiding off the ball instead of offering feet.

On TV you only see when he's on the ball and playing a pass / shooting. His technique is outstanding so he always looks great on the ball, it's off the ball where he let himself down, but it's hard to tell that on TV.

Toure.

Two games in succession and against two of the top clubs, he has been our best footballer. I'm not quite sure whether to be pleased or concerned about that.

I wouldn't say it's concerning. We'll never buy someone as good as yaya imo, he's one of a kind. Gonna be a sad day when he leaves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.