The Boxing thread

I think it's probably a case of some of us comparing him with fighters of the past. In the 90s for example he's just a plodding heavyweight, I could see Bruno beating him tbh with you. From a boxing standpoint he's more brawn than brain and has a long way to go. He imo isn't the second coming of a Tyson or Lewis as Sky would have you believed he's a massive bloke with a big punch on him technically he's not all that. Good fight though I really enjoyed it and he deserved his win for touching it out
He is what he is there's no need to compare him to anyone in my book other than what's out there right now(he's far more exciting to watch than Wilder and Fury), the comparisons to Bruno are just as ridiculous, all the talk about too much muscle and being stiff almost sounds like they've never even watched him. He could be more mobile uptop but so could a lot of heavyweights and he can work on that part of his game if he wants.

My take on Joshua ( probably going to get shot down for this ) is he's a big slugger how hits incredibly hard. Last night showed he has guts and resilience but I don't think he fought a smart fight. And it's an alarming to be absolutely shagged after throwing punches for 1 minute and needing several rounds to recover.

Klitchko fought well for his age but it was the right time for match room to make this fight and it nearly back fired. Can't see many heavyweights beating him maybe fury, if fury gets back to his best he could run rings round him. Joshua is the best there is at the moment but I think it shows how bad the heavyweight scene is that there are few to take advantage of his weakenesses.

Boxing knowledge not your strength, fair enough.

He is what he is there's no need to compare him to anyone in my book other than what's out there right now(he's far more exciting to watch than Wilder and Fury), the comparisons to Bruno are just as ridiculous, all the talk about too much muscle and being stiff almost sounds like they've never even watched him. He could be more mobile uptop but so could a lot of heavyweights and he can work on that part of his game if he wants.

I've not seen anywhere near all of his fights but whenever I have watched him he's always struck me as having very fast hands, combinations etc, ok he met more of a match in Wlad but he came through it and showed he can go the distance if required. The middle few rounds turned into a slugfest but that gave Joshua the opportunity to recover, I really thought he was finished a couple of times but he proved he has the stamina.

Debating not yours, fair enough.

It was a brilliant performance. Surviving that right hand from Klitchko, the recovery over the next 2 rounds, The finish in the 11th round absolute brilliance. 19 fights 19 ko,s.
I bow to your debating skills however. Down for the count definitely.

It was a brilliant performance. Surviving that right hand from Klitchko, the recovery over the next 2 rounds, The finish in the 11th round absolute brilliance. 19 fights 19 ko,s.
I bow to your debating skills however. Down for the count definitely.

That's better well done. What I was eluding to earlier ( I'm not debating AJ is the best heavyweight around at the moment btw ) was going balls to the wall for half a round and being so exhausted you need 4 pounds to recover isn't a smart game plan, I don't know what it was to be honest. He did well to hang in there and get the win credit where it's due, but I see holes in his game that's all. I'm sure if you watch the fight again with the sky pundits muted you'll agree. Great fight though as I said I really enjoyed it.

That's better well done. What I was eluding to earlier ( I'm not debating AJ is the best heavyweight around at the moment btw ) was going balls to the wall for half a round and being so exhausted you need 4 pounds to recover isn't a smart game plan, I don't know what it was to be honest. He did well to hang in there and get the win credit where it's due, but I see holes in his game that's all. I'm sure if you watch the fight again with the sky pundits muted you'll agree. Great fight though as I said I really enjoyed it.

Fuck the SKy pundits. They all said if it went more than four rounds Klitchko would win.I have watched it all again. Best for years. £20 quid well spent.
No offence meant. Just loved his comeback and how he talked to Klitchko throughout 7 and 8. Class performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.