Boro Post Match thread

We won't get all the players we need in the summer and he's only here for two more years so doubt they'll be a legacy left. The fact is the squad is no where near where it should've been due to poor planning with our bloody fullbacks and central defenders.
Pep will probably sign a contract extension in the summer
Players will leave and players will arrive in the summer
His team next season
Playing his way
Not great this season, I think he's learnt a lot about the premier league and you can guarantee he will work hard to get the results we all want

To be fair to Pep we did try to mix things up in the last quarter, and we did miss a few good opportunities, but...
It was far too late - we need to mix it up from the off and...
If we continue to play matches like this we will not finish in the top 4.

Pep will probably sign a contract extension in the summer
Players will leave and players will arrive in the summer
His team next season
Playing his way
Not great this season, I think he's learnt a lot about the premier league and you can guarantee he will work hard to get the results we all want
The team are playing his way to his instructions.
Pep continues to underestimate how good opposition defences are in the Premier League and overestimate the ability of our players.
I hope Pep learns pragmatism soon, because if he doesn't the club is in trouble - as the clubs financial model and incoming transfers depend on us qualifying for the Champions League.

We won't get all the players we need in the summer and he's only here for two more years so doubt they'll be a legacy left. The fact is the squad is no where near where it should've been due to poor planning with our bloody fullbacks and central defenders.
You're right. Not all our signings will come off. But if we had Sane and Jesus all season and if by some fortune we have Kompany and sort the goalkeeping situation, that will put us very close.

Chelsea have had amazing success sacking managers every 5 mins, what is it for them now, 10 managers in as many years and won 11 trophies or something close like that. All this drooling over Spurs yet they haven't won anything. Chelsea sack managers for fun and have had amazing success throughout the past decade. Not for one second saying sack Pep, but what Chelsea do has worked for them, so not one perfect way of achieving success.

Why oh why doesnt he adapt then to get the best out of the deadwood? Other managers not as good as him would have done

The only system that could possibly get the most out of this side is playing deep and counter attacking. That would negate the uselessness of our full backs and lack of creativity in CM.

However, the onus is on us to attack teams as the large majority of sides would happily settle for a point when they play us. We need to take the game to the opposition.

Whilst this season has been poor overall, Pep will know which players he can take forward and who needs to go.

I am so sick and tired of people saying:
a) he hasn't got his own players
b) the players he has are too old
c)) this is the way Soriano et al want them to play
d) we need to give him time

a) he has players that can play in the PL and a good manager should be able to play them in their own position and not tip tapping back and forth across the width of the pitch and then........... oh we forgot to send it back to the goalkeeper, even though we are actually (at last) going forwards
b) the players are NOT too old, they are not being given the encouragement they need
c) Soriano et al surely want a team that can play in the PL?? Plus when did Soriano et al ever manage a football team?
d) Would you want to be giving him time if he were any other manager? No, just because he is Guardiola somehow he is given every excuse under the sun!!

I was at the game today and for the first time in a very, very, very, long time I actually thought why have I wasted a day and the money going to this game. Even under the Pearce era I can't remember thinking that. I am proud of the players who turned out today, I am not proud of the way they are being managed!!

What really annoys me as well is that Guardiola keeps, apparently, going on about the fans getting behind the players, well today for the umpteenth time I noticed that after the match every single player, even those who had been substituted, came over to applaud our fans, the manager walked across to talk to the players but didn't even acknowledge us. It works both ways Guardiola.

Now that's a good post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.