It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think pep is picking random formations to show the board how much of a balls up the squad is? I.e. Poor squad signings not good enough?

He'd only do that if he thought he wasn't going to get the players he wants in the Summer. I'm sure he will be backed to the hilt next window.

Let's just go with the 7 new starters. While on paper that looks good, on grass it will mean yet another season in transition as the players get used to one another as well as the new demands Pep will place on them.

I would prefer only 4 immediate signings to put in the first team. So from your list that would be

Pickford, Walker, Mendy and Fabinho.

................Pickford
Walker
.....Kompany,,,,Stones......Mendy
..........Fabinho.....Fernandinho
................Silva
KdB.........Jesus........Sane

subs

Yaya, Sterling, Kun, Otamendi, Bravo, Maffeo, Kolarov

KDB out wide? No way

1 goalkeeper
4 fullbacks, or at the very least 3.
1 central defender
1 central/ deep-lying midfielder
1 experienced goal-scoring winger

That with the addition of Roberts returning.

That's the extent I believe we are lacking behind the very best.

Sergio and Gabriel - considering Pep primarily plays a system incorporating one striker - should be enough up front next season.

Anyone think pep is picking random formations to show the board how much of a balls up the squad is? I.e. Poor squad signings not good enough?
I don't think Pep has many obstacles or worries about actually going and talking to the board about what he needs to be fair.

I'm quite sure that he's pointing-out, in case anyone should be in any doubt, the clear lack of depth, the multiple single points of dependency and the simple fact that without a major injection of high quality playing staff across multiple positions, we will be looking forward to a continuing story of watching the odd decent performance in amongst a largely uninspiring set of results.

Let's just go with the 7 new starters. While on paper that looks good, on grass it will mean yet another season in transition as the players get used to one another as well as the new demands Pep will place on them.

I would prefer only 4 immediate signings to put in the first team. So from your list that would be

Pickford, Walker, Mendy and Fabinho.

................Pickford
Walker
.....Kompany,,,,Stones......Mendy
..........Fabinho.....Fernandinho
................Silva
KdB.........Jesus........Sane

subs

Yaya, Sterling, Kun, Otamendi, Bravo, Maffeo, Kolarov

true but we desperately need options and alternatives, the defence will have to transition anyway because we need new fullbacks, the other positions we have incumbents who've had a year under Pep and should hit the ground running, adding in garnish in those areas won't hurt us imo, it's Pep getting right or wrong at the back that will cause those issues.

We really need another creative, ball playing controller in addition to Silva, and Sanchez is heavily linked and will add that directness, good dribbling and finishing. I think we need crucial upgrades in midfield that can't be overlooked because of the need for defensive reinforcements. The likes of Carvalho don't cut it for me, Fabinho seems unlikely now sadly but would be key but we also need a creative burst in there, considering Yaya, Delph and Nando would go, we need depth and competition.

KDB out wide? No way
The reason I would play Kev out wide is he has the most devastating crossing ability. Far better than Beckham in my opinion.
He is also increasingly a waste of space in the middle.

On the counter he also can get behind defenses as he showed last year when he scored a lot.

When he plays in the middle against packed defenses he doesn't have the subtlety of David, as we saw today.

I also think he could play the Bergkamp role, but we don't play two up front.

I'm quite sure that he's pointing-out, in case anyone should be in any doubt, the clear lack of depth, the multiple single points of dependency and the simple fact that without a major injection of high quality playing staff across multiple positions, we will be looking forward to a continuing story of watching the odd decent performance in amongst a largely uninspiring set of results.
Which is a damning indictment of his friend Txiki's work over the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.