loyalty point system a sucess

bainy

Manchester city announce that the controversial loyalty point system has proved a fantastic success after today's visit to boro. Following weeks of sales, with points dropping day by day - eventually leading to open sale - Manchester city are pleased to announce that any supporter who wanted to be at today's game (not televised) had the opportunity to attend. Manchester city state 'despite criticism that die hard blues are not given the opportunity to attend away games (with 200 tickets unsold at boro) the loyalty point system has proved a success. We are delighted that the usual die hard 1500 who follow us home and away continue to give us outstanding support. Those that moan about not getting a ticket for the rags away can fuck off'

Last edited:
Manchester city announce that the controversial loyalty point system has proved a fantastic success after today's visit to boro. Following weeks of sales, with points dropping day by day - eventually leading to open sale - Manchester city are pleased to announce that any supporter who wanted to be at today's game (not televised) had the opportunity to attend. Manchester city state 'despite criticism that die hard blues are not given the opportunity to attend away games (with 200 tickets unsold at boro) the loyalty point system has proved a success. We are delighted that the usual die hard 1500 who follow us home and away continue to give us outstanding support. Those that moan about not getting a ticket for the rags away can fuck off'
cheers for that

thing is if was us chasing Chelsea rather than spurs we would have sold out and the cries of "its unfair" would be all over the forum. like it or not we have far too many fairweather fans. of course its their right to attend or not, just do us a favour and stop fucking moaning when you want a ticket for a big game. tickets and points were there to be had yesterday. or was every dentist in Manchester hammered with appointments from city fans....

And there wasn't a half and half scarf in the away end unlike the 'big' games. Like it or not people on lower points lose out on the 'big' aways due to corporates asking for there priority ticket, supporters clubs having a greater demand, players family and friends wanting to go to them, and city selling them on to 3rd party sites. So as much as they should go to the likes of boro away to get any chance in the distant future of going to a 'big' away, the fact so many go to the rich or tourists for them games doesn't help. I've been and done my aways at united, liverpool, chelsea etc and much prefer the boro type games as the proper fans are there.

Still sacking platinum off...stick your daft points up your arse.

Catching up by going to Boro away isn't ever happening

I think we have always had fan's who pick and choose games, whatever description you give them, just as everyone wants tickets for the big games. When I was younger I didn't want to miss a single game and would do everything I could to get there. In those days you risked getting a kicking as well which made going away in particular pretty iffy.

As I have become older......ok a lot older now it is all I can do to go to a home game and I have a season ticket. Probably if all the lads I used to go with still attended and were around my enthusiasm would be the same, I don't know.

So is it an age thing, are older fan's still as enthusiastic and I guess more importantly do the younger fan's feel the same buzz as we did when we were younger? It would be interesting to do a survey, I think it would be similar to what it always was but I may be wrong.

Chapo aways in the 70's and 80's were totally different.

You could jib in at the turnstile , climb over walls , bribe a turnstile bloke, Get tickets off locals (Blackburn 2000)

There was always a way

Give me my points from all the games I went to from 1968

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.