Jesus Navas

Maybe the prospect of bringing in 4 new full backs is too much and he knows Zaba and Sagna will be gone and he'd rather Maffeo stayed on loan. People need to chill the fuck out on here and see what happens over the summer before hanging pep out to dry.

It's the utter failure by Txiki in the last few years to not sort this glaring issue out.

There was always that doubt about whether or not we could effectively sign 4 fullbacks in one summer.

Our transfer policy is an utter joke.

Why are we settling with Navas as a reserve right-back. Such poor squad management.

Can't cross, can't defend and can barely pass the ball. Give that man a new contract!

To be fair, he works hard, costs nothing but wages and in an ideal world will sit on his arse on the bench for the season until we can get a good option for squad depth at RB.

WTF? Why no Maffeo? this is lunacy

Maffeo isn't going anywhere, why rush him?

He might as well demand a move. The lad has no chance.

the only young players with a chance at city are from the youth cup team downwards in my opinion. i can't see nacho, angelino, maffeo, gunn, tosin beign given a chance. garcia and roberts might get a few minutes here and there though. i could be completely wrong though :)

I assume Guardiola is well aware of Maffeo's progress at Girona as he has family involved at the club IIRC. Maybe he'll be coming back as well and we aren't signing a new RB. Maybe the article about the contract extension for Navas is garbage. Time will tell.

the only young players with a chance at city are from the youth cup team downwards in my opinion. i can't see nacho, angelino, maffeo, gunn, tosin beign given a chance. garcia and roberts might get a few minutes here and there though. i could be completely wrong though :)
I agree.

I also defensive players stand no chance as experience is needed at the very highest level.

At least with young attacking players they can have a bad game yet not cost your team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.