Do we play good football?

Horrid post. firstly, Kolarov is a JOKE at left back, everyone will back that up. Don't act like you could have seen the downfall in Bravo's performances, his CV was unrivaled in this league and had a great season at Barca previous to this. He's continually said to Aguero&Media that he wants him to stay, even though Aguero limits our performances significantly. Finally, how can you blame the demise in performance of 31/33 year olds on Pep. You said same with Yaya, presuming you know Pep's getting rid of these players. Incredible

Yeah. If it wasn't for this little blighter scoring goals, we could focus more on our passing game.

I don't know,but definitely we will win,nothing this season....

Of course I didn't mean the worst ever season. So don't be pedantic. But based on the seasons under Mancini, Pellegrini and Guardiola this has been our worst. The stats don't lie. Last season was also poor, but at least we won a trophy albeit not one we would have preferred. This year we have spent £150m but still a chance we could miss out on top 4. If Pellegrini had delivered a season like this he would have been absolutely hammered.

Pep did say that yaya' agent had to apologise. Everyone was surprised that pep accepted the yaya apology. This may refresh your memory.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pep-guardiola-tells-yaya-toure-8876087

In terms of Fernandinho his form has dropped over a cliff since Xmas. Agree may be reasons for it but the reasons including lack of discipline are down to him alone.

In terms of Pep I support him 100% and getting rid of him would never be in my mind. But all I am saying is that another season like this is not acceptable.
Would it be on your mind to get rid of him if we are in excactly the same position next May?

Would it be on your mind to get rid of him if we are in excactly the same position next May?

It's a difficult one to answer, but if we are to spend significantly in the summer (and im sure we will) I don't think it's unrealistic to expect top 4 and a trophy next season. I would also expect us to be competing for the league though, not out of it early like this season.

I desperately want Pep to succeed. But to do that he needs to adapt. To answer your question, if next season we finished 4th and no trophy i believe he would have to go. We got rid of Mancini and Pellegrini who would both have done better?

Not in the second half of the seaason anyway and I seem to me in a minority of one in thinking a couple of new fulkl backs are going to solve all our problems in that regard. Teams know if they sit off us that all we seem to do is spread the ball sround from side to side with very little penetration and a slow tempo. Our midfield is as guilty of this as our full backs.
We need to be able to mix things up more, especially away from home but we have a manager wedded to his philosophy so a pragmatic approach isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Not in the second half of the seaason anyway and I seem to me in a minority of one in thinking a couple of new fulkl backs are going to solve all our problems in that regard. Teams know if they sit off us that all we seem to do is spread the ball sround from side to side with very little penetration and a slow tempo. Our midfield is as guilty of this as our full backs.
We need to be able to mix things up more, especially away from home but we have a manager wedded to his philosophy so a pragmatic approach isn't going to happen anytime soon.
minority of two. agreed, everyone seems to think that's it to fix all the issues with the team. There is a more fundamental mindset issue going on I think (Confidence, winning attitude), coupled with the pedestrian style we play (that hasnt worked this season). How many times this season we need to score and have just 1 or 2 mins left and the players are still passing it across midfield! It's safe football and by golly do we need someone to just break ranks with that shit and do something individual.

Not really, nobody in the league bar Spurs has been willing to take us on and the speed and intensity hasn't been there to break down the inevitable 2 banks of 5. We've played brilliantly at times against attacking teams - Barca and Monaco at home being two prime examples.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.