Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

I have not been affected by the ticket increase fortunately but completely agree it's not just the ticket rises individually but the whole direction of which the club is going.

More and more we see the better seats in the house being taken over by corporate groups, tunnel club, seats which were previously enjoyed by your average fan who have since been relocated. Away allocations, for the more desirable matches, dwindling to service corporate fans, boat jaunts on the Thames etc.

Even the construction of South Stand Level 3 which seemed a positive move I now view suspiciously as just the clubs way of moving those who require cheaper seats further from the action and then inflate the price of ticket they vacate to those with more disposable income.

Leaving that stand on match days is a depressing affair. Due to the lack of exits those at the back wait an age to vacate and become part of the crush on the stairway, followed by similar crushes through the fire foors and then onto the stairwells. The scenery consists of layers of plasterboard with the Fire Certificate stickers still visible as the club has not even bothered to go to the expense of a lick of paint. Contrast this to 'tunnel club' and you can see where the clubs priorities are.

The club is on a path alien to the wishes of the majority, and for me, if success comes at a cost which results in those who deserve to enjoy it being priced out it's too high a cost.
100% agree with this.. I said on here years ago that we would be turned in to Trafford 2 and sure enough we are gathering speed

I'm fully against any increase in ticket costs. I believe we're already at the limit of what is acceptable, reasonable and affordable to the average person.

I've got a reasonably well paid job and I can afford my ticket no problem, but I care about those that can't. I've always been brought up with the thinking that we have to look out for our own and I'll stand by any City fan who vents their frustrations at increased ticket prices.

Some fans seem to only care about themselves and have laughed off increases as 'Well, it's only £15 a year!', but it's not about that. It's about the direction the ship is heading. We're on a staircase at the moment and at the top of that staircase are super expensive season tickets, each step we take is another step closer to the top and before you know it, time flies, and you're at the top of the stairs paying through the roof. That's why people are upset, not because of the 'low' amount of the increase, but because of the journey and direction the ticket prices are heading towards.

As a supporter it makes you feel like you're not important, that you're just a customer. When you see these mega TV deals there is absolutely no reason to increase ticket prices further. When you go to the match having paid so much money to be there, you EXPECT to be entertained, you EXPECT to win and the EXPECT to play well on each occasion, and that's hammered home by knowing that the players are on hundreds of thousands of pounds a week. That's what is killing the atmosphere in England. The expectation based on ticket prices and player wages, along with long time, local and die hard fans being slowly driven away by the cost.

The best atmosphere we've ever had at the Etihad was against Hamburg in the Europa League and it's no coincidence that the tickets for that game were a fiver each. It brought in loads of locals, people who can't usually afford it and it made people feel like they weren't just customers. Fans didn't sit on their hands demanding to be entertained because they'd paid through the roof, they came as fans having paid a nominal entrance fee and wanted to cheer the team on loudly because of that.

An excellent post, we (the club) should be aiming to be an organisation that exceeds any other in the world, we have the resources but the management are losing their way. We have every right as fans, in fact more than most considering our dark days, to aspire to so much more than we are getting with the "match day" experience.

PB - I'm entitled to disagree but whenever I do - if my post in any way supports the club - you jump down my throat. There are plenty of posters on here who share my OPINION. we're can give our views even if they are not in tandem with yours. You continually come across as patronising / telling me I've paid NO attention to Marvin's thread - just because I disagree.

Perhaps you would prefer Blue Moon to be your monologue - or a forum for complaints only?

I used to value your excellent comments on FFP but you now seem v bitter.
Funnily enough I could say the same about you. You seem determined to belittle & jump down the throat of anyone who feels there might be grounds for complaint. Works both ways that.

I'm fully against any increase in ticket costs. I believe we're already at the limit of what is acceptable, reasonable and affordable to the average person.

I've got a reasonably well paid job and I can afford my ticket no problem, but I care about those that can't. I've always been brought up with the thinking that we have to look out for our own and I'll stand by any City fan who vents their frustrations at increased ticket prices.

Some fans seem to only care about themselves and have laughed off increases as 'Well, it's only £15 a year!', but it's not about that. It's about the direction the ship is heading. We're on a staircase at the moment and at the top of that staircase are super expensive season tickets, each step we take is another step closer to the top and before you know it, time flies, and you're at the top of the stairs paying through the roof. That's why people are upset, not because of the 'low' amount of the increase, but because of the journey and direction the ticket prices are heading towards.

As a supporter it makes you feel like you're not important, that you're just a customer. When you see these mega TV deals there is absolutely no reason to increase ticket prices further. When you go to the match having paid so much money to be there, you EXPECT to be entertained, you EXPECT to win and the EXPECT to play well on each occasion, and that's hammered home by knowing that the players are on hundreds of thousands of pounds a week. That's what is killing the atmosphere in England. The expectation based on ticket prices and player wages, along with long time, local and die hard fans being slowly driven away by the cost.

The best atmosphere we've ever had at the Etihad was against Hamburg in the Europa League and it's no coincidence that the tickets for that game were a fiver each. It brought in loads of locals, people who can't usually afford it and it made people feel like they weren't just customers. Fans didn't sit on their hands demanding to be entertained because they'd paid through the roof, they came as fans having paid a nominal entrance fee and wanted to cheer the team on loudly because of that.
I'm lucky. Had great jobs down the years and could afford to upgrade to Joe's or whatever if I wanted. Unfortunately I want the best atmosphere too, and THAT can't be bought. It needs people with passion, not money. The price increases are purely to make our finance spreadsheet look a bit more like the rags' or the arses' etc., when it's just not needed. The chance to be something different, unique has gone.

Difficult day for me tomorrow when I cancel both my direct debits. I hope I regret it and get that desire back, but I doubt it.

I have not been affected by the ticket increase fortunately but completely agree it's not just the ticket rises individually but the whole direction of which the club is going.

More and more we see the better seats in the house being taken over by corporate groups, tunnel club, seats which were previously enjoyed by your average fan who have since been relocated. Away allocations, for the more desirable matches, dwindling to service corporate fans, boat jaunts on the Thames etc.

Even the construction of South Stand Level 3 which seemed a positive move I now view suspiciously as just the clubs way of moving those who require cheaper seats further from the action and then inflate the price of ticket they vacate to those with more disposable income.

Leaving that stand on match days is a depressing affair. Due to the lack of exits those at the back wait an age to vacate and become part of the crush on the stairway, followed by similar crushes through the fire foors and then onto the stairwells. The scenery consists of layers of plasterboard with the Fire Certificate stickers still visible as the club has not even bothered to go to the expense of a lick of paint. Contrast this to 'tunnel club' and you can see where the clubs priorities are.

The club is on a path alien to the wishes of the majority, and for me, if success comes at a cost which results in those who deserve to enjoy it being priced out it's too high a cost.

Some interesting observations in your post. My son is in SS3 and is always complaining about the time it takes to get out and the crush on exiting. He thinks many people leave this stand early because of these issues.
It is hard to fathom why the club appear to want to alleniate the long term fan base, unless it is to replace low spend units, sorry fans, with people who have more disposable income.
This is not what we were led to believe would happen in the early days of the takeover.
I think number crunchers now control the club and they have little interest in maintaining a good relationship with the fan base. Very sad.

Not particularly no as then I presume my Tax contributions which come from my Salary will increase and I'd rather extra monetary resources be spent on NHS/Policing.

As for the way I'm coming across, you are right - I am bitter about this issue as I've been priced out of the 'club' I've been following for over 30yrs (first known match according to parents was in 1985)

Still I got my hands on this

And have to thank the Al Nahyan Family for that.
Fair do's bud.

You do know you can't keep the trophy?

Interestingly, city in their latest financial report state that 92% Match attenders agree that Manchester City is a club that cares about its fans. Even prior to this rise, I didn't agree. I must be one of the 8%.

Interestingly, city in their latest financial report state that 92% Match attenders agree that Manchester City is a club that cares about its fans. Even prior to this rise, I didn't agree. I must be one of the 8%.

I must be too! Wonder where they plucked that info from?! Maybe that's the protest group can call themselves, The 8%

I'm starting to think it's a bit of a North Manchester V South Manchester issue.
The poor people of the north are struggling to accept this increase whilst the much richer supporters south of the city are more than happy to pay this minimal increase..

:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.