Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

Is there actually any point in Platinum any more? I've stuck with it since it was introduced, partly because it used to be the only way you could access the ticket exchange scheme when it was Viagogo. But even though I've had a seasoncard since the move to the Etihad and used to be able to get tickets to all the London aways without any problem, I now can't for any of them. And because I don't go to other away games my points will never catch up with what's required even with the double platinum allocation. Just a waste of £50, so I'll give it up now and I imagine thousands of others might well do the same, which will wipe out any increased profit from the price rises.
the cynic in me thinks this is what the club wants

It makes much more sense for the club to consistently raise the ticket prices by 2% each year rather than 10% in one go, especially in the current climate.

I wonder if those who are happy with the prices will feel the same if there is the same increase next year.

Fair do's bud.

You do know you can't keep the trophy?
Haha, don't worry, I'm skint but I haven't taken it down to Cash Generator.... (yet)

Seriously though, my feelings are due to my own circumstances.
Many people can afford to go and see it as reasonably priced.
That's the way it is. I'll be replaced by someone with more disposable income than me and the club can move forward on its Financial Dominance Quest.

It's a business and that's the way it is.
I could've held out and looked for a deal of a much cheaper ST on Level 3 but I chose not to as I don't like sitting in a environment where there isn't as much passion as it has been in the area where my ST was, where we all stood up and sang throughout the game.
Added that the view is similar to watching it on TV, I chose to not part with my money.
Watching live football for me is predominantly about the Atmosphere, that unique moment amongst like minded people watching the game, backing the Team.

Sitting there, hands under my bum, with my lips zipped up, next to a Tourist for me is not worth the money, the hassle of getting there and so on.

But if you like that kind of sterile stadium, that Disney land vibe with dancing robots at half time and selfie sticks everywhere with half and half scarves.... Go for it and spend your time and money doing that.

I hope top flight football at City will change one day, with safe standing and cheaper seats that the local people on lower incomes can afford.

If that day comes - I'll be back.

But my gut feeling tells me the likes of Soriano want Corporate and Tourists rather than Working Class Mancs.
Is this wrong? No its their right, it's their business and they'll run it how they want it to be run.... For profit.

And if you can't afford it, tough shit.
I can't afford it, and it doesn't matter how much I've sang at Maine Road, or where I've been watching city throughout the country.

Loyalty Doesn't Mean Shit.

The Club just use the local area for a Pro-Bono thing, pulling your heart strings with videos for City in the Community, showing you how much they care for local people with 'free' football schools and so on.

Do they want that scruffy Harpurhey kid in the stadium watching city?
Maybe once for the Pro-Bono opportunity of a free ticket with the cameras there to video it.
But when he wants to come as an Adult, no chance.

Haha, don't worry, I'm skint but I haven't taken it down to Cash Generator.... (yet)

That's the way it is. I'll be replaced by someone with more disposable income than me and the club can move forward on its Financial Dominance Quest.

I could've held out and looked for a deal of a much cheaper ST on Level 3 but I chose not to as I don't like sitting in a environment where there isn't as much passion as it has been in the area where my ST was, where we all stood up and sang throughout the game.
Added that the view is similar to watching it on TV, I chose to not part with my money.
Watching live football for me is predominantly about the Atmosphere, that unique moment amongst like minded people watching the game, backing the Team.

Sitting there, hands under my bum, with my lips zipped up, next to a Tourist for me is not worth the money, the hassle of getting there and so on.

But if you like that kind of sterile stadium, that Disney land vibe with dancing robots at half time and selfie sticks everywhere with half and half scarves.... Go for it and spend your time and money doing that.

I hope top flight football at City will change one day, with safe standing and cheaper seats that the local people on lower incomes can afford.

But my gut feeling tells me the likes of Soriano want Corporate and Tourists rather than Working Class Mancs.
Is this wrong? No its their right, it's their business and they'll run it how they want it to be run.... For profit.

I can't afford it, and it doesn't matter how much I've sang at Maine Road, or where I've been watching city throughout the country.

The Club just use the local area for a Pro-Bono thing, pulling your heart strings with videos for City in the Community, showing you how much they care for local people with 'free' football schools and so on.

Maybe once for the Pro-Bono opportunity of a free ticket with the cameras there to video it.
If there was a 'like' button you'd get my vote for that bud, that should be sent to Mr Soriano with an insistence that he actually reads it.

I sometime ago, set myself a 'top limit' for my SC. It has gone over that this year .... only by £15, but still over it. Torn in deciding 'Ah well it's only £10, and swallow it, or sticking to my guns and jacking it ..... Which is hard to do, as just like many here, I have had one since the early 80's, went with dad at 8 years old etc.

But as so many have echoed in this thread, for all the takeover has given us, I feel it's taken the soul from the club, and we are becoming like all we despised ....

Some serious thinking needed this week.

I'm lucky. Had great jobs down the years and could afford to upgrade to Joe's or whatever if I wanted. Unfortunately I want the best atmosphere too, and THAT can't be bought. It needs people with passion, not money. The price increases are purely to make our finance spreadsheet look a bit more like the rags' or the arses' etc., when it's just not needed. The chance to be something different, unique has gone.

Difficult day for me tomorrow when I cancel both my direct debits. I hope I regret it and get that desire back, but I doubt it.

Top post. It is really sad the club are losing guys like you, who are/were the heart and sole of the club.
They will come to regret it.

My Daughter has an 18/21 card,she was 21 last December and they have put her down for a discounted season card again.
Have a missed something or is it correct?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.