Palace - Post Match Thread

Spot on.

Jesus may not have scored, but his contribution today allowed others to score instead. With him in the team, we're a far more cohesive unit and more liable to score.
I think more and more are realising that's the case,although some will understandably refuse to accept it.

Silva is god. Best player to ever wear the blue shirt. Not even debatable. Fucking love him. Surley has another 2-3 years left in him. Will be a sad sad day when he hangs his boots up. ;(
Hear hear, how will we replace him, we are a different team without him, yay a was immense too

I think more and more are realising that's the case,although some will understandably refuse to accept it.

The majority.

I see it. I've seen it for most of the season.

Pound for pound Sergio is the best striker on the planet, but not as part of this team. I think he disrupts the fluidity although he's improved since the rumoured chat.

He's scored a remarkable amount if goals, can't take that away from him.

It's really interesting that we are only a couple goals short of the league's top scorers because I don't think we've put away nearly what we could have. It ties into what pep was saying earlier, we create more chances than anyone in the division.

It's open to debate this but I'm guessing Pep may think Sergio is hindering us on occasion in this respect.

Got to be Kompany's influence. It started against United and has continued, massively today. Real grit and commitment to tackle hard and get the ball back. That was missing for most of the season, when, we looked like a soft touch at the back. Everyone outstanding today against a very physical forward line

Hear hear, how will we replace him, we are a different team without him, yay a was immense too
I think the owners will be well aware of the need to replace someone like Silva when the time comes. I guess they will be prepared to break the bank if thats what it will take.

Brilliant performance but lets be fair we have dominated so many matches and just not finished, today we did finish and look at the result.

Pep's SKYBLUEprint was there for all to see in Jan/Feb. He hasn't yet got the personnel to execute his plan and personally I think it will take him until the season after next before we're back on the right track.

As someone said today, how do we replace Silva, Yaya & Kompany? These are the things Pep has to do, but Sane and Jesus have shown Pep's intention. As for those who refuse to accept it, the plan will come together with or without their acceptation? I hoped for better this season, but in reality I didn't expect it because I always thought we were further behind when Pep arrived than many other reckoned.

The results may not be showing as we'd like them to, but the germination of a plan is there for the enlightened to see. Today Pep said City are the best team in the league which has had my Rag mates texting me taking the piss. The fact I just replied 'whatever' and all they could do was repeat their original crap spoke volumes.

YES we're fighting for 3rd/4th, BUT only once have I seen a team outplay us this season and the better team can lose purely because football games are decided on goals, not points for performances like boxing. I pointed this out to the Rag hoards & once they realised their barbs were having no effect on me, they ALL eventually agreed with Pepe albeit it through gritted teeth!

If our results were shit and I couldn't see a plan, I'd be worried, but I'm relaxed about our 'plight' (if you can call it that) because I can clearly see the way forward. We'll be OK, it will just take time because we're in the hardest, richest league in the world with Conte, Teeth, Maureen, Potty whatever, and Wenger managing our main opponents who have similar resources to us with the same aims and objectives for success.

This season was never gonna be the cakewalk many believed it to be, but we'll get there. We just need to be patient and concentrate on our performances for now and not our results, as they will begin to match our performances before too long. As long as we're still there or there abouts in 12 months time, I think season 18/19 is when we'll begin to see everything come to fruition.

Today Pep said City are the best team in the league
We're not though, for much of the season a 'team' we have not been, we show flashes of it, but we're so inconsistent as a 'team'.

Some say we have the best squad, but a look at our bench today says bollox we do, we may have the best first team, but too often, we play too individually, we may even play the best football occasionally, but that's the issue, its only occasionally.

How we had the 'team' out at Middlesbrough last week is utterly bizarre, and one for Pep to answer, and though we did have injuries, I still can't fathom what that was about, and its not the first time.

I believe in what he'll eventually do, and we see glimpses of it now and again, but four of our players today won us the league 5 years ago, that's over 1/3 of today's team, and that is the reason we haven't pushed on, and that is not knocking those four in anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.