City already favourites for next season 2017-2018

Interesting. I hope a strong finish with good individual performances from Kompany and jesus will persuade City fans that next year is the year. It's important that the fans and players feel that we are moving in the right direction and I felt that way after the Palace rout. In fact I have spent most of the weekend thinking what might have been had we had a fit Kompany and jesus. Basically clean sheets and goals. Are they the missing jigsaw pieces or is that just wishful thinking?

I think we'll strengthen the goalkeeping position, full backs and central defence so with that in mind, in addition to what we have, I think the bookies have it right.

On the other hand it is annoying that we are rebuilding a team when we should have kept on top of it. The hardest thing is building a team from scratch and that's what we're doing. From goalkeeper to centre-forward. perhaps the only constant will be David Silva and Kompany

Those odds seem about right, I don't bet very often but would lump on if we were bigger than 3/1
next season will be very difficult because I reckon the transfer spending by all clubs is going to be crazy.

Pep factor again I think swaying the odds, if this season was anything to go off we shouldn't be favourites. They have obviously factored in all of the competitors being involved in Europe next year so no one really having the edge.

Interesting. I hope a strong finish with good individual performances from Kompany and jesus will persuade City fans that next year is the year. It's important that the fans and players feel that we are moving in the right direction and I felt that way after the Palace rout. In fact I have spent most of the weekend thinking what might have been had we had a fit Kompany and jesus. Basically clean sheets and goals. Are they the missing jigsaw pieces or is that just wishful thinking?

I think we'll strengthen the goalkeeping position, full backs and central defence so with that in mind, in addition to what we have, I think the bookies have it right.

On the other hand it is annoying that we are rebuilding a team when we should have kept on top of it. The hardest thing is building a team from scratch and that's what we're doing. From goalkeeper to centre-forward. perhaps the only constant will be David Silva and Kompany
I think you are way off the mark regarding Kompany,he is our club captain and has been too unreliable for 3 seasons now(injury wise ),there is no way gaurdiola and his team will have the same faith as you.

To be honest it's to be expected as individually we have some great players, a highly respected manager and the expectation we will spend big in the summer.

However for us to win it, and not just be bookies favourite, the side has to perform consistently better as to be champions, as Chelsea have proven, there is little point in playing sublime football one week and not turning up in others like has happened this year.

The big question is can Chelsea,spurs,Liverpool compete on 4 fronts without major surgery on there squad? And can the rags and arsenal improve by the 20 odd points that will be needed? With us our squad is virtually there to compete on all fronts just a few additions which will be made.

next season will be very difficult because I reckon the transfer spending by all clubs is going to be crazy.

Agreed on the spending - but next season none of the top clubs will have the 'luxury' of not playing in Europe - a far more level playing field

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.