City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

The hard truth is that it comes down to committment v inconvenience. The modern world - everything has to be now. The my time is too important to put up with an inconvenience attitdude, even though what I'm doing (watching football) is relatively enjoyable. As a kid I loved to stay and watch the players come off and listening to the comments as we all left. Some fans did leave early of course, but nothing like the scenes from Exodus we get now. Perhaps the modern "can do no wrong" parent should think of that before steamming off to the car park like a deranged race walker, thinking he's dad of the year for beating some traffic.
Amusing how, as this thread has regressed/developed, that leaving early has gone from saving 45 minutes to almost half a day now.
Park in town or further away than you do now and walk. It's a matchday and there's more than just the (80) 90 mins to take in.

Last edited:
I think telly coverage has gone a long, long way to changing the game as we know it. Saves money, saves petrol, saves getting stuck in traffic, saves getting stuck in queues, etc, etc. As a fully committed lazy twat, I can certainly see the appeal.

Its brilliant for an ex-pat like myself as I rarely miss a game these days with the over exposure, but the matchday atmosphere seems to be suffering and I dont see it getting any better unless the club follows through with some of the initiatives mentioned on here. The obvious biggest difference maker is the price of a ticket. Just my opinion of course, but with the absolute shit ton we are raking in from TV deals maybe the cost of tickets can be subsidised somewhat to give blues (those who would love to go but cant for financial reasons) a chance.

If u pay your money you are entitled to leave whenever you want.
Well no you're not because it inconveniences other people who want to stay to the end. The people who have to stand up to let you out and whose view you block while doing so. If you go to the theatre or to see the Halle, it's highly unlikely you'd be allowed in after the performance had started and no one leaves 5 minutes before the interval or the end of the performance. So why is it OK to do those things at a football match?

Well no you're not because it inconveniences other people who want to stay to the end. The people who have to stand up to let you out and whose view you block while doing so. If you go to the theatre or to see the Halle, it's highly unlikely you'd be allowed in after the performance had started and no one leaves 5 minutes before the interval or the end of the performance. So why is it OK to do those things at a football match?

The same could be said for the "mass exit " 15 to 10 minutes before half time to get in the front of the bar queue

I went to the MEN (or whatever it is called these days) to watch Mickey Flanagan last week and loads of people were leaving before the end and I do mean loads.

Yet again on Saturday, even though it was a lunchtime start, there were loads leaving about 10 mins from the end. Obviously leave when you like, but, as said earlier, having to move so that those who want to leave can get out and I have to miss some of the match is annoying. Also when I travel from Cornwall, I want to get the full game in. I never leave til after the players go down the tunnel.

As has been said many times on here, if you pay your money, you're entitled to leave whenever you want. But the club need to have a look at what can e done re. the North/Family/Whatever Stand. Is it ever full? It doesn't look great on the TV. The thinking behind making it a stand for families was sound enough at that time. But it just hasn't worked, has it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.