Two Year Academy Transfer Ban Imposed On City

And some of our fans used to think Garry Cook was a joke.

Our whole club is a fucking joke. From anti doping, to this. From allowing the press to continually slander this club to treating them like royalty. And the most embarrass in is how the club continue to stay bent over and allow people to fuck us up the arse.

Khaldoon or Mansour. One of you really need to show some balls and stand up for this club.
Spot on!

I don't for 1 minute believe we're the only 2 clubs actively trying to attract the best young talent out there - by whatever means is necessary.
We've been caught not following the rules - we've held our hands up and offered support to the youngsters where required.
It will NOT stop academy players wanting to come to us because we offer the best facilities they could dream of

Over the years I've seen man united and Liverpool rape the clubs of youngsters time and time again, Liverpool back in the seventies and eighties would buy anyone who was showing skill and was thrown right into their reserves and never seen again, that way the opposition would become none existent, for these executives of other clubs to impose a ban is one of the most hypocritical episodes that the fa has imposed and city should have fought this in a very dirty way

It's sounds like the club will not appeal these charges, so it is clearly a sign of guilt. Whilst these things do happen, we should now be looking to do things the right way. Sadly, this is another example where management need to come out and tell us what they are going to do to put things right. To me there needs to be a changes in the working culture within the club. Big changes are certainly required within the administration team. After that it would seem the owners need to review their recruitment process. Are the people with the right interests being attracted to work for Manchester City FC? My fear is many of those people coming into the organisation have aspirations of working for the wider City Football Group. It's time to learn from these mistakes and move forward. One things for sure all the recent errors and mistakes that have resulted in penalties and fines are bad PR for the club and should have been avoided at all costs.

Last edited:
It's sounds like the club will not appeal these charges, so it is clearly a sign of guilt. Whilst these things do happen, we should now be looking to do things the right way. Sadly, this is another example where management need to come out and tell us what they are going to do to put things right. To me there needs to be a changes in the working culture within the club. Big changes are certainly required within the administration team. After that it would seem the owners need to review their recruitment process. Are the people with the right interests being attracted to work for Manchester City FC? My fear is many of those people coming into the organisation have aspirations of working for the wider City Football Group. It's time to learn from these mistakes and move forward. One things for sure all the recent errors and mistakes that have resulted in penalties and fines are bad PR for the club and should have been avoided at all costs.

Excellent post and fully worthy of considered reflection by the powers that be.

I generally like your posts Karen. But you and a bunch of other well known posters called me out when I questioned the competency of our club admin over another debacle (the delay in registering Gabriel Jesus - despite months to sort it) I sighted FFP, Drugs issue along with questions over youth recruitment policy. Got called a moaner, a RAG etc. Well I guess those chickens are coming home to roost.

Also, This is not about issuing a P45. This is not about an individual making a mistake. This is systematic administrative failures that are hurting the club. It smacks of arrogance and incompetence. Yes, they are out to get us, yes we need to stand shoulder to shoulder but we need to get our house in order as well.
Sorry for the delay,i've not been reading this thread
I have the memory of a goldfish so i don't recall talking to you,however the Gabby registration was the fa and his old club dragging their feet
Obviously this and the drugs thing is ridiculous and whoever mucked up in those departments need to take the blame,the buck stops with someone as it always does

I guess in real terms the punishment isn't going to particularly hurt us, but questions need to be asked about how the club is being run. Can't imagine the doping fine and now this will go down particularly well in Abu Dhabi.

No doubt heads will roll Ric, however we wont do it in full view of the media circus unlike our sycophantic Salford based neighbors... But i am certain there will be repercussions for this as its simply not acceptable for a club of our size and indeed stature!

You appear to be advocating that we publish our future recruitment tactics. That might prove counter productive

You have to ask yourself, who benefits most from City and the Scousers getting a ban?

Maybe if you were a team whose academy had been going down hill and you had struggled to recruit against 2 of the top teams in the north west.
Maybe if you had just done a full upgrade of your academy staff and poached a couple of scouts from one of them and you wanted a free run at things for a year or so!

I suspect that every tier 1 academy in the country has skeletons in the cupboard regarding recruitment, so maybe I am just seeing things thru blue specs and the FA will indeed be looking closely at a lot more clubs and their dealings with young player recruitment.

Somehow I doubt it, but our academy has them worried and this is the first step, the next will be looking at stockpiling players as we have a huge number out on loans as do chelsea. ( not sure about the scousers) but noises have already been made about this, and just maybe this ban will enable people to get their academy's full of young talent before some sort of limits are brought into play.

All conjecture of course, but it does make you think......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.