TV Series

I've actually preferred season 2 to season 1, not seen the final episode yet though, will watch it tomorrow night.

I understand that as it's been quite a slow build up. I think they struggle with telling a tale of bullies/ brinkmanship/ cops and robbers within a financial setting. It may have sounded great on paper, but struggled to translate to the screen in the first series.

It's come into its own in this current series as the writers have concentrated on the characters more and finance less and it's kicked on because of it.

I agree with you, it really has been a great series overall.

Ordinarilly id agree,but there were a couple of storylines that were highlighted but not explained.To me,it seems they were setting the programme up for a 2nd series/spin off.

Yeah, quite a few loose ends to tie up so a second series definitely has legs.

Like others, I was a little sceptical about whether it would appeal to me but I was hooked pretty much straight away. It was very harrowing at times but the acting was tremendous. Great to see Joy Division feature in the soundtrack from a local point of view and it was rather poignant considering the subject matter. Ultravox's Vienna fitted in well when used too.

Like others, I was a little sceptical about whether it would appeal to me but I was hooked pretty much straight away. It was very harrowing at times but the acting was tremendous. Great to see Joy Division feature in the soundtrack from a local point of view and it was rather poignant considering the subject matter. Ultravox's Vienna fitted in well when used too.
The soundtrack,like many Netflix series,was brilliant - someone at the top is an 80's child ;-)

The Shield?
Band of Brothers?
Deadwood?

Ah. Good suggestions there.
Someone actually loaned me Band of Brothers years ago and I never got around to finishing it for some reason, watched the first 4 or 5 episodes, really enjoyed it but for some unknown reason never finished it. Need to go back to it.
The other two have been high on my to watch list for ages I have to admit. Pre-Kodi days I had Amazon Prime and they were both on it, watched half of season one of Deadwood then all of a sudden it was taken off Prime, wankers. The Shield is also no longer on it and just haven't had the time to go back and watch either one. Deadwood will be next though as I now have it on bluray.

I don't see how the format, which was brilliant, will move over into season 2. Hoping I'm dead wrong, but it feels like a cash-in for cash-in's sake.

Also, @ADegenerate, leftovers ep 4....fucking wow.

Any love for The Americans?

Seems to have gone under the radar here but has developed into one of my favourite current shows.

Looking forward to the final Leftovers season too.

I don't see how the format, which was brilliant, will move over into season 2. Hoping I'm dead wrong, but it feels like a cash-in for cash-in's sake.

Also, @ADegenerate, leftovers ep 4....fucking wow.
Watched it also. The last 4 episodes should be interesting :). I wish I wouldn't have looked at the IMDB episode listing. Kinda feel like I spoiled it a bit.

Any love for The Americans?

Seems to have gone under the radar here but has developed into one of my favourite current shows.

Looking forward to the final Leftovers season too.

Love The Americans its one of my favourite shows as is Halt and Catch Fire must be the era its set in as well that appeals to me.

Fell into watching The Sniffer S1....a detective series from the Ukraine, the guy has an exceptional sense of smell. It's got subtitles but it's easy enough to follow. Was expecting it to be a bit ridiculous but I rather liked it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.