Ridiculous things from City's history

Who remembers him warming up by chucking footballs at the side wall of the Kippax where the Gene Kelly stand number two used to be? Cant remember which ex pro told the story on the radio one day but I remember hearing that he used to wear his goalie gloves when watching the TV and would spring into action if the Mrs dropped anything.

I used to sit in the Family Stand and he used to warm up throwing the balls against the wall at the ambulance entrance between the FS and Maine Stand

Who were the blokes with the flat caps on towards the left. They just look like a pair a random chimney sweeps or something who jibbed on the pic.

Look the Collars on that bloke with the yellow shirt on too. Jesus.

Wonder what Tony Henry was looking at.

Thinking .... "How come the laundry ladies are ahead of me and the team in the pecking order while Swales takes centre stage?"

My Uncle (who incidentally sadly passed away this year) who is primarily responsible for me and my family supporting City from a very early age, told me an interesting story about watching City in the immediate post-war years. I guess he must have been about 17 and used to get the train into Piccadilly and then a tram to Maine Road.
He said the tram would go part way, then everyone would have to get off and walk around several bomb craters and another tram would take them the rest of the way.

I'd be interested to hear if any City historians out there have any more information on this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.