Pep : The youngsters 'will be training with us and we are going to see how they are'

I keep telling you we aren't even talking about the same thing anymore. I'm not really sure how to make it clearer. I'll make a FINAL attempt at this. I am referring to growth spurt due to puberty which ends in males around 18-19 years of age. It can be a earlier depending on the male or slightly later as well. I'm not gonna bother linking a resource just google this, but it seems you have no problem with that point.

I am so obviously NOT saying that males peak physically/athletically at 19, considering we are discussing youth, it should be obvious that I am not saying that we should wait until they are in their mid 20s to give them a chance.

You are a good example, you said you were getting faster and stronger through your 20s yes? Well my claim is this: Did this happen naturally to you or did you exercise as this happened? Because during puberty we all get taller, faster and stronger. But you likely exercised to pack on muscle mass in your 20s (which is smart).

Now in reference to my initial post, Diaz may be finished puberty (I'm just guessing he hasn't and has more room to fill), but he should obviously pack on muscle as his career continues. Look at Messi for example, I can't remember where I read it, but he said he had to pack on more muscle when he was around 18 to compete with the adults, and he did. And look at Messi say around 19-20 and him now, there isn't much of a difference physically, maybe he added more muscle as the years passed but that's about it.

I would only like him to be loaned a year though, because the season after he would be 19 and probably physically developed (most males are fully developed physically around 19 years of age).

And I added more information to clarify that in the next immediate post:
Huh, it's very common information... Male growth typically ends around 19 years of age, obviously it can differ but this shouldn't surprise anyone who took a health class in high school. Look at Chelsea's kids in the youth cup final for any indication, all very developed at 16/17 years of age, you think they will continue until they are 26/27?

Btw, I am here referring to physical growth from puberty. Obviously someone can work out in the later years and pack on more muscle like Ronaldo did for example.

And I added more information to clarify that in the next immediate post:
Fully. Physically. Developed. Not height. You clown. You really think someone needs to lift weights to fill out in their 20s?

Fully. Physically. Developed. Not height. You clown. You really think someone needs to lift weights to fill out in their 20s?
I can't help if you just want to argue and not read my posts. I added to the "fully physically developed" post by referring to the growth from puberty, because we are discussing youth I thought it was obvious.

And to your second post, Yes? Clearly, lifting weights and hence gaining muscle mass fills an individual out making them stronger and also faster (depending on the training).

Listen, I can now tell (I really should have known) that you just want to insult people using the words "little shite" and "You clown". So I'm done with this. Good Day.

I can't help if you just want to argue and not read my posts. I added to the "fully physically developed" post by referring to the growth from puberty, because we are discussing youth I thought it was obvious.

And to your second post, Yes? Clearly, lifting weights and hence gaining muscle mass fills an individual out making them stronger and also faster (depending on the training).

Listen, I can now tell (I really should have known) that you just want to insult people using the words "little shite" and "You clown". So I'm done with this. Good Day.
No worries, I'll see you the next time you pull something out of your arse, it's funny seeing you backtrack and deny what you said. I'm off to pick a 19 year old to set a World 100m record now, night.

I think he's promoting the Spanish B league system ( segunda B). But he's not expressing himself very well. Some of it sounds like bullshit. That league's pretty much a regional league of four divisions and includes B teams from some of the bigger clubs and a load of small town teams who are really equivalent to our non-league teams. Stadiums of 3,000 capacity up to 5,000 and the odd one like Barcelona B and Real Madrid Castilla with 15 and 12 thousand. If any teams play in front of 30 or 40 thousand, they could only be Barcelona and Real Madrid if the game is staged in the Nou Camp or Bernabeu when they play each other. The divisions are fairly even on the whole, which suggests the league might work well but the Football League would have to agree to be reorganised and who would be allowed in and who not? If the opinions quoted are his real views it sounds like we'll be buying our young players. The system in England was no secret and it's not about to change.

The transition between the academy and first team will never be as seamless as it is in Spain. Because the culture for B-teams does not exist in England. Same style of play will only make it a bit easier.

"Pep Guardiola has warned Manchester City youngsters that they are unlikely to get many opportunities to play under him next season after reiterating his belief that the English system fails to adequately prepare academy players for the pressures of first team football".
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...nchester-citys-youngsters-will-not-play-much/

He has a point, B-teams playing in lower divisions would help greatly. But what can be done to change the situation? Loaning kids to some affiliated Spanish club (i.e. Girona)? Are we restricted with a number of loans to one club?

I'd be staggered if many get first team games. The pressure to win trophies will be immense. Unless a young player really impresses or we have our hand forced by injury I can't see many playing. Any young player who's played this season will be heading out on loan.

2 pages on Pep's comments, 3 pages of Aguero and Wally arguing about growth spurts. Only on Bluemoon. Haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.