Why haven’t Manchester City become the "super club" they should be?

It is a mixture of it all, not just one thing. FFP was pit in place to hinder us because you know who, and others saw the treat to their little comfy lives

Mate it has not hindered us that much as we have outspent everyone over the last 8/9 years.

How much more money do we need to spend score we consider it's the selection of players that's the problem rather than blame external factors.

It hampered after we won the league the first time or we would gone out and bought big on stars not fillers.

That could only be responsible for one year at best and that year we finished second and reached the cup final. The main failure has been the last three and FFP has not hampered that.

Spurs have spent 1 million since 2013 and we have spent 405 million on transfers so please do not tell me ffp is the main reason, it's our failure in recruitment.

Last edited:
Concentrating on everything but the first team: New York, Melbourne, Yokohama, the CFG, the CFA, the youth teams, the womens' team, the stadium, day trippers, tourists, corporates ... set the first team back as we took our eye off the ball. The first team has to be the main focus, the most important thing to everyone at the club and it wasn't and we went backwards as a result.
Trying to become Barça
lite instead of going on the path we were doing it trying to be Manchester City Football Club, I think, set us back.
FFPR to a certain extent but when you think of the hundreds of millions we've spunked in the last three years it kind of makes that point null and void.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is because we have gone on this chasing pep thing. Spent three seasons preparing the team and club to play the brand of football he wants, manager (pellers) to play that way... It sort of made us insipid and we lost our way, the heart and belief went.

We became a team based on statistical analysis with the belief that if you possess the ball the opposition can't score, blindly playing the passing possession game no matter the circumstance, belief and adherence to the system took over from actual belief we could win...., we became a machine with the only imperative being possession and producing a high shots per game ratio.... The rest would happen in its own.

Well pep is here now, and hopefully it will be worth it in the long run but my God it has been a painful last four years, we have really under achieved. Pep is starting to inject belief and confidence and hard work into the team and we are seeing that we are heading in the right direction.

I think that's about the top and tail of it though I have just woke up and am still a bit fuzzy

IMO, really poor player purchases coupled with injured key players, some pissing about with playing schemes, too many rotations etc etc. Where do I stop.
FFP was a massive impact too. Didn't affect the rags or anyone else, surprise surprise.
I really hope that this is Peps 'feeler' season and he & the team go on to smash them all out of the park next season.

TBH I have't read the article yet, but it looks a decent read. Could wrong though. Some interesting stats as well.

But the article does have a point. After all the money and investment that has been ploughed into the club and the team, why haven't we achieved more, and ultimately won more trophies?

484222888.jpg

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/13/why-h...become-the-super-club-they-should-be-6631571/

Makes me laugh all this, after investment etc.

We're we the only club to spend big? Do people want the likes of Chelsea and the rags to lie down and let us win it year on year?
Apart from Leicester there's been no surprise winner of the title and plenty tipped Chelsea to do it this year.
I've said in other threads, no team will dominate like Liverpool or rags due to it being a more even playing field. Yes we've had disappointments but that'll continue as well as successful seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.