Yaya Toure - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic till his ban,then pep played him all over the place,put him back where he belongs and he is fine,making him a utility player is ruining him

Nah.

It's just what happens to players like him when they get into their 30's.

He relies a lot on his engine and energy rather than his ball playing ability like Yaya, so he will decline earlier.

Yaya will always be a legend to most blues but the time to move on is now.....cant make the same mistake of having a high earner, aging squad player (that is only going to get slower) on the squad for yet another year or two. Txiki has known his contract, as well as Clichy, Sagna, Zab, etc are all coming to an end this season, so no excuse for not having a plan and replacement in place. Got to get younger, quicker and more hungry to win....time to move on is now! CM and fullback position has been a weakness for a while now and the only reason (excuse) for not upgrading those areas, is being stuck with high earners that we couldnt sell.....we now dont have that problem as contracts are coming to an end. Get it sorted Txiki!!!; )

Yaya will always be a legend to most blues but the time to move on is now.....cant make the same mistake of having a high earner, aging squad player (that is only going to get slower) on the squad for yet another year or two. Txiki has known his contract, as well as Clichy, Sagna, Zab, etc are all coming to an end this season, so no excuse for not having a plan and replacement in place. Got to get younger, quicker and more hungry to win....time to move on is now! CM and fullback position has been a weakness for a while now and the only reason (excuse) for not upgrading those areas, is being stuck with high earners that we couldnt sell.....we now dont have that problem as contracts are coming to an end. Get it sorted Txiki!!!; )

I am his biggest fan. Love what he has done for us and he is a legend here for me along with Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva and Aguero.

Time catches up with everyone though and whilst I am sure he can do a job for us for another year and it wouldn't concern me if he stayed, it may be time to free up the wages and use them to bring in a really top notch midfielder. Lack of goals from midfield is a key issue for us and we need to find the next Lampard who will score 10-15 goals a season. There must be someone out there.

It won't be easy to fill his boots though

Looks to be off then.

The contract must be average in the eyes of Yaya I.e. much lower wages and a reduced role.

With a signing on fee plus 100k a week he could be earning 200k a week at say West Ham whilst playing week in week out.

China for probably closer to 300k per week.

I can't make my mind up about those last 2. I'd be happy enough with those signings though, so long as we dealt with the other positions.

Letting Yaya go is not a decision which should be made without one hell of a lot of thought though. Not now he's fit, anyhow.

For me YaYa would be kept as he's still excellent against the parked bus.
If we were looking at someone like Tielmans or Weigl, they'd learn a bucket load from YaYa.
Unlike the others at the end of their contracts, YaYa still plays an integral role for us.
Should only be replaced if all other issues are fully addressed first and we have a surplus of top midfield talent.

For me YaYa would be kept as he's still excellent against the parked bus.
If we were looking at someone like Tielmans or Weigl, they'd learn a bucket load from YaYa.
Unlike the others at the end of their contracts, YaYa still plays an integral role for us.
Should only be replaced if all other issues are fully addressed first and we have a surplus of top midfield talent.

That's how I would see it but his ****face agent seems to be suggesting he's off.

Another decent performance today. Kept things together and lots of tackling when the going got tough towards the end. Hardly gave a pass away as far as I could see.

Ran the show again. Only we could be considering offering the likes of Navas a new contract whilst letting this absolute legend of the club leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.