Leicester post match thread

The officials didnt have a great game , but our football team was far worse anyone blaming the referee really needs to give their head a wobble , we were dire in that 2nd half hanging on for dear life , Leicester did'nt deserve a draw they should have won we totally capitulated in the 2nd half. Pep has had over 50 games , we had a virtually full squad available and that performance is a million miles away from a title winning team. The only good thing that happened today was we actually got a bit of luck for once and boy did we need it , the team looks tired and bereft of ideas and the decision to put Aguero on the bench after 13 goals from his last 14 appearances is incredulous , managerial genius or not Guardiola needs to buck his ideas up.

Give over. If he was as bent as people are making out he wouldn't have disallowed their pen, he would have ruled out our first goal and he would have sent Dinho off. He had a good game, the game just happened to be ridiculously eventful. The reason he played an extra 2.5 mins was because Otamendi needed the physio on and we made a sub.

We played shit in the second half because their goal changed the complexion totally, gave them ambition and made us nervy. The players who should be able to control the tempo for us were non existent.

100% agree with the 2nd part.
The ref was poor but I've seen worse.

Your summary is too simplistic and disregards much of what went on. We had no control whatsoever the whole second half.

Penalty aside that was actually a foul outside of the box, what exactly did leicester create other than a bit of pressure?

Did Willy have to make save after save for 45 mins?

Fairly typical Guardiola team performance against a well drilled, physical side. Disinterested, arrogant, poorly prepared (surely we must have known Leicester would be physical).

The ref was shit for both sides so that's no excuse. The end of the season just cannot come quickly enough.

Not sure we were poorly prepared. The players, in the second half were, if anything, were wasteful and played with a lack of intelligence and discipline. With Clichy and KDB arguably the worst players on the pitch. However, we won so I am not overly bothered :)

The officials didnt have a great game , but our football team was far worse anyone blaming the referee really needs to give their head a wobble , we were dire in that 2nd half hanging on for dear life , Leicester did'nt deserve a draw they should have won we totally capitulated in the 2nd half. Pep has had over 50 games , we had a virtually full squad available and that performance is a million miles away from a title winning team. The only good thing that happened today was we actually got a bit of luck for once and boy did we need it , the team looks tired and bereft of ideas and the decision to put Aguero on the bench after 13 goals from his last 14 appearances is incredulous , managerial genius or not Guardiola needs to buck his ideas up.

Perhaps Aguero was only 90% fit or something and we did win 5-0 last week so you can see why he didn't change it.

I agree with the rest though. Bit fortunate today and not sure why we looked lethargic after no game for 6 days.

I thoroughly enjoyed that game, had a bit of everything. Worked hard and at 2-0 thought we would push on. Leicester aren't a bad side though and just about deserved it. Well done boys and thank fuck I never have to see clichy live again in a city shirt.

It was a sloppy second half performance that could easily have resulted in dropped points.

Agree it was sloppy but it was a deserved win. Sometimes the result is more important than the performance, today was one of those days

Your summary is too simplistic and disregards much of what went on. We had no control whatsoever the whole second half.
And you think Chelsea have controlled every game for 90 minutes that they've won this season? I think it's you that appears to be simplistic.

All season we've had nobs on here screaming for a scrappy three points as opposed to controlling games without winning them (Stoke, Everton, Boro at home etc), then we go and do it and people still moan.

I thank Christ that my supporter experience isn't the same as yours. It sounds appalling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.