£1.50 booking fee for WBA tickets bought in person or online????

M18CTID

I've just had a mate inform me that his next door neighbour went down to the ticket office and bought a WBA ticket but was charged a £1.50 booking fee, so he told him to do it online next time. The conversation reminded my mate to buy his son a ticket for the same game. He went online, bought it, and guess what? Yep, he was charged a £1.50 booking fee!

Does anyone have any idea what the fuck is going on? We all know City charge a £2.50 booking fee for tickets bought over the phone but it's the first time I've ever heard of one being charged for tickets bought in person and online. I wonder if they're trying to recoup some of the money they'll lose through that stupid decision to put most seasoncard prices up. Whatever the reason, unless this is a genuine mistake (can't see it if it's happened to 2 different people buying them in different ways) then they really are taking the piss.

I've just had a mate inform me that his next door neighbour went down to the ticket office and bought a WBA ticket but was charged a £1.50 booking fee, so he told him to do it online next time. The conversation reminded my mate to buy his son a ticket for the same game. He went online, bought it, and guess what? Yep, he was charged a £1.50 booking fee!

Does anyone have any idea what the fuck is going on? We all know City charge a £2.50 booking fee for tickets bought over the phone but it's the first time I've ever heard of one being charged for tickets bought in person and online. I wonder if they're trying to recoup some of the money they'll lose through that stupid decision to put most seasoncard prices up. Whatever the reason, unless this is a genuine mistake (can't see it if it's happened to 2 different people buying them in different ways) then they really are taking the piss.

I wish I had so much time to worry about what my mates next door neighbour was up to. How on earth can he have been charged a booking fee whilst standing in the ticket office ? Answer..... He wasn't.

Pretty sure that's wrong. This is from the OS on Monday, about WBA tickets:

*Tickets purchased over the telephone will be subject to a £2.50 booking fee per ticket and phone lines are open 24-hours, seven days a week. No booking fee payable on tickets purchased online or in-person

https://www.mancity.com/news/ticket...08/man-city-v-west-brom-tickets/1494004921870

Don't worry lads, it'll be a £1 booking fee on the phone soon, with a £1.50 markup on all tickets. ;)

I bought a ticket online yesterday for my daughter to join us, for the WBA game. I had to pay a £1.50 booking fee, whether you wanted a paper ticket or print your own ticket! It's the first time this has happened.

I bought a ticket online yesterday for my daughter to join us, for the WBA game. I had to pay a £1.50 booking fee, whether you wanted a paper ticket or print your own ticket! It's the first time this has happened.

If it's happened to a few people then the club have a case to answer, as they clearly stated in the link I posted above that there would be no booking fee for online or in-person sales for that game.

Going on Tuesday and has happened to me and my old man

Just checkedaccount, bought mine online on 12th April, no fees/admin charge etc Don't know why they're charging now. Shouldn't be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.