Leicester post match thread

Its the way its lauded by the media that fucking irks me. Keeper gets the ball, Vardy the hare sets off and boom, its whacked downfield for the hare to chase. Its not football, its almost the hail mary of American football yet plucky Leicester are showing us all how it should be done apparently and deserved more.

My arse they deserve more.

Spot on. The 'fairytale' love-in last season made me wanna throw up. Not to mention the way that the spineless twats downed tools on Ranieri and got him the sack, then reverted to the form (and tactics) of last season. As far as I'm concerned they can take their happy clapper bits of cardboard, shove 'em up each others arses and fuck off back to league one where they belong.

Spot on. The 'fairytale' love-in last season made me wanna throw up. Not to mention the way that the spineless twats downed tools on Ranieri and got him the sack, then reverted to the form (and tactics) of last season. As far as I'm concerned they can take their happy clapper bits of cardboard, shove 'em up each others arses and fuck off back to league one where they belong.
I wholeheartedly agree.

Many home games this year we have played unbelievably well and only taken a point or got beat (chelski). Yesterday we were average but won. We got one 50-50 decision in our favour and according to the media Leicester were robbed. Fuck me, we weren't great but only one team deserved the points and that was us. I'm glad to see we can actually win a game that we didn't totally boss for 90 minutes. That's what champions do so the omens are good for next year.

Spot on.

Pep must learn to win ugly if neccessary cos we can out football/play everyone.

Pragmatism has a place when the chips are down.

The best thing about this season is the return to fitness of Kompany. We won two titles with him as captain and if he stays fit next season we'll go close again. But of course teams like Chelsea aren't going to stand still.
Exactly!

I think some of us fail to realise the are 19 other teams in the PL and 5 of them are considered direct rivals with equally successful managers at the helm with similar resources playing and financial resources at hand. Why anyone would believe that just because we have Pep Guardiola as our manager, that we'll automatically squash all who get in our way next season frankly puzzles me.

Think about City 12 months ago and think about us today, then think about City in 12 months time. I can see an improvement from the end of last season to this and if Pep does as we all expect him to do in the summer, I can see further improvements too, but to suggest our direct rivals won't have anything to say in response trying to improve is just plain crazy IMO.....

It's all about increments, and I just hope our increments add up to more than our rivals. Ultimately it's about progress and even looking at the points gained this season as opposed to last, we've improved over all.

People who say that don't think.

I think next season depends on he transfer window. I agree it will still be transitional, which is why 3 years is too short a contract, but with Jesus fit & a few signings, this team could still become pretty hard to stop, even with flaws.

Interesting then that Conte can inherit a team that finished well off the pace and City. Start the season badly and then find a system with the players available to him that works and wins the Premiership with ease. And we need how many more windows?

Interesting then that Conte can inherit a team that finished well off the pace and City. Start the season badly and then find a system with the players available to him that works and wins the Premiership with ease. And we need how many more windows?
Conte had a team that coasted the previous season, changed the defensive system after a few games, had referees happy to give them freekicks every time Costa/Hazzard fell over and looked the other way when they kicked out & had no European football to worry about.

Yes he did well but the cards were stacked in his favour. Let's see how he does next season if he retains the title he'll have done really well.

"Lessons Learned"..........I truely hope so.

No more Spuds,Leicester,Everton,Monaco,Boro tactics & selections. That'll be the acid test. He's a very complicated guy is our Pep.

Nothing other than a comprehensive PL win will do next season.
Will do for who? You?

They havent had the odds stacked against them from the start like we have had with every game, the refereeing decisions we have had to endure this season have hamstrung us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.