Match of the Day - 2016/17

What have we done to shearer so that he hates us so much. I was seething with him last night I was thinking of writing a complaint as the BBC are meant to be unbiased but that man is so obviously biased against us, then I remembered that the Bertie saga and that the BBC don't give a flying f@cj about their charter

Shearer never has a good word to say about City. Last night he said with some certainty that we have been the most dissapointing of the top 6. Despite Liverpool Arsenal (probably) and Spurs winning nowt either this season. And us still with a feasible 3rd place finish.

If the balls on the line it's in play, if the player is fouled on the line of the penalty area it's inside.
It's the same rule all over the pitch.

This is where confusion starts, the goal line is not part of the goal but the 18 yard line is part of the penalty area? Shirley the whole of the offence should take place over the whole of the line.

I noticed that they conveniently didn't show the elbow on Raheem, but made a big deal of Dinho's.

And as for Sterling being offside for the first goal, that's very debatable, let alone whether he was interfering with play.

However, I do agree with their assessment that we were very wasteful.

Was a bit confused how, according to Shearer, Sterling prevented both Schmeical and Fuchs from blocking Silva's shot when neither of them made any attempt to.
My impression was that Schmeical had transferred his weight to his right foot anticipating Silva's shot going that way. He could not have gone to his left to get to the ball.

Re the offside goal I personally would be very upset had a similar one had been given against us. The rule change at the start of this season said that if a player is in an offside position and makes a move towards the ball then he is deemed offside. But fuck em, about time something went for us ,albeit a bit late

shearer is a twut of the high highest order. So lets look at his analysis of the top six (yes six just to keep the rags relevant)
Chavs- Big improvement from last seasons 10th(fair enough)
Spuds- Improved from 3rd to 2nd( still no trophies in how many years)
City- underachieved( look i know i and all city fans know we have not done great this season, but we could Improve form 4th to 3rd see spuds^)
Reddippers- Have Improved IF they get top( looking less likely by the day)
Tarquins- Have Improved IF they win the FA cup(they wont win the FA cup)
Rags- Have Improved IF they win the europa tin pot cup(with the money they have spent they have fell form 5th to 6th in the league)

In my eyes we have had a bad season but how he can say the rest of the of the top six have improved (apart form Chavs who have and spuds a bit) is bullshit.

shearer was a brilliant footballer but showed his lack of brain cells when he tried management so he sort solace with the rest of the clueless as a pundit.

This is where confusion starts, the goal line is not part of the goal but the 18 yard line is part of the penalty area? Shirley the whole of the offence should take place over the whole of the line.

Think of the goalkeeper picking up the ball when it's on the line. Not handball. It's only handball when all the ball has crossed all the line of the penalty area. So the line is part of the area as inchy said.

Shearer never has a good word to say about City. Last night he said with some certainty that we have been the most dissapointing of the top 6. Despite Liverpool Arsenal (probably) and Spurs winning nowt either this season. And us still with a feasible 3rd place finish.

Shearer has the kind of intellect that had we finished top with a ten point advantage he would be decrying the lack of any competition. He would choke (I live in hope!) were he to give any credit to anything to do with City. The BBC will realise that, along with the likes of Murphy, he drives more viewers away from the programme than he draws to it! If I watch MotD these days it is invariably taped for the following morning and I run to the City game kick off and wipe it clean once the final whistle goes. The comments that normally ensue are from the bargain basement of the Drivel Department Store!

Saturday was clearly too much for our Alan. City had not obliged by imploding when 2-0 up, dropping 2 points and opening the door to more favoured clubs. Hence the rant began with an attack on that most treacherous of scouse academy prospects, Raheem Sterling. Citing a still without any attempt to show at which moment it was taken he declared that Sterling was "clearly offside " although it showed nothing of the kind. He then explained the full outrageous horror of the ref's decision. Not until we heard Schmeichel complaining did where we had heard these same words before! Then Leicester's penalty- "It was on the line " so the decision was " absolutely correct". No still this time, just a video replay (normal time) which was about as useful as those pictures which suggest Kennedy's assassin was actually Mr Blobby firing from the grassy knoll. And Mahrez was the victim of a stupid rule. Objective and impartial to the end, Mr Shearer.

But having decided which rules should be applied and which should not Alan ventured even further into the world of ifs and buts. Scarcely able to contain his fury he thundered out what might happen this season so that he could opine that City had had a disappointing season, yah boo and sucks to you. Spurs still won nout? Civil war in the plush seats at the Emirates? Anfield in revolt over ticket prices and quiet as a library? The Stretford End sleeping peacefully thanks to the boring one? Not worth a mention!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.