Referees/Officials

I thought the ref had a good game in that I thought he only got about half his decisions wrong/right - but then I'm nobody's idea of a ref! Even the PL behaved creditably by explaining the reasoning behind allowing the goal and what I disagreed wit is that I couldn't see, from thr freeze frame MotD used, what "goal-scoring" part of Sterling was offside! On Mahrez's penalty the ref knew the rule - just like our lads, the Leicester lads (notably Mahrez who never complained), John Motson and everyone else. I think he had got it wrong in the first place - no way was the offence "beyond doubt" in the area.

The view from behind Sterling shows that he was nowhere close to Schmeichel's line of sight and his claims that he obstructed Fuchs path to the ball was laughable as he never even twitched towards it. MotD claimed that if Sterling wasn't there then Schmeichel would have been stood 2 yards to his left, how the hell they came to that conclusion I've no idea.

It doesn't matter for the BBC how they travel - it's all to do with the arrival! We want Sterling to be offside so we either rewrite the offside law or we manufacture a few 'facts' that are at variance with what the terraces saw! Classic journalism for the BBC Sports department.

Dermot Gallagher has just supported the decision to allow Silva's goal on the grounds that neither Schmeichel or Fuchs could have prevented the goal. Didnt half upset Phil Thompson

Dermot Gallagher has just supported the decision to allow Silva's goal on the grounds that neither Schmeichel or Fuchs could have prevented the goal. Didnt half upset Phil Thompson

Just watched it funny isnt it only going over the decisions that Sky a big deal out of after the game!

Just watched it. He's a fucking genius isn't he Thommo, apparently you don't have to be in someone's line of sight to obstruct their view!

Just watched it. He's a fucking genius isn't he Thommo, apparently you don't have to be in someone's line of sight to obstruct their view!

His fucking conk would obstruct a view of Everest!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.