The battle for 3rd place

I think it's fair to say that there are some BM'ers who do not deserve PG. Apparently, his past successes were down to pure luck, Donald Duck could have done as good a job at Barce and BM. Under Pep the players are lazy, arrogant, and unmotivated. They know this by analysing the "body language" of the players. But as is often stated everyone is entitled to express their opinion. But by doing so it can reveal agendas that influence rational thinking, (being kind). Without a doubt, when some posters claim PG has taken us backwards, they mean it and believe RM would have pissed the league if he was still here.There is no shaking their belief, unfortunately no-one will ever know what may have happened so discussing it is a waste of bandwidth. Imo Pep inherited a lot of players who were long past their sell-by date, who should have been replaced by younger, fitter players more suited to the high-intensity modern game. This season the chickens came home to roost, Pep was unable to turn the oldest average side in the prem into a dynamic high-pressing unit, but the damage was done before he arrived. If he recruits more younger players, then next season could be similar to this one with erratic results, and the Pep-outers will be even more shrill (ffs) . They are only exercising their democratic rights, so that's ok then. I.P.W.T.

Hopefully we will scrape through but it will likely be in the last game as it was last year. So it is debatable whether Pep has done as well as some of his more fervent supporters suggest.

This time last year we were all optimistic because our underachieving team was about to ignite under the tutelage of the recognized best manager in the business.

A an aside Zinedine Zidane is homing in on a rare league win for Madrid in an era dominated by Barca, not to mention a consecutive CL success, the question that springs to mind is whether Zidane is a football genius like Pep or were they both beneficiaries of having an exceedingly good team.

Being the best English RB hardly says much, but I'm glad for you that you rate him.

If he does, why would I be disappointed ?

Personally I see Walker as a slimmed down version of Micah. Rose is a much better footballer, slightly reminiscent of Marcelo.

By the way Cleavers after we off loaded Michael Brown we signed Tony Grant who if memory serves was bought from Everton.

Hopefully we will scrape through but it will likely be in the last game as it was last year. So it is debatable whether Pep has done as well as some of his more fervent supporters suggest.

This time last year we were all optimistic because our underachieving team was about to ignite under the tutelage of the recognized best manager in the business.

A an aside Zinedine Zidane is homing in on a rare league win for Madrid in an era dominated by Barca, not to mention a consecutive CL success, the question that springs to mind is whether Zidane is a football genius like Pep or were they both beneficiaries of having an exceedingly good team.
Having good teams? Like many things in life, it's all about perspective.
Two seasons before Guardiola took over at Barca they finished 2nd (76 points) and then 3rd (67 points). They then went 1st (87 points-105 goals), 1st (99 points-98 goals), 1st (96 points-95 goals) and 2nd (91 points-114 goals). 2 Spanish cups and 2 CL's.
Last season, City were 4th with 66 points. There's a good chance we'll end up 3rd, with 78 points this season.
Whilst I'm not suggesting this season has been fantastic, I don't think it's been anything like as bad as some people are making out. As I said, it's all about perspective.....

Not all just most, if only buggerstain had bought a good quick left back at some point. I'm sure he will rectify this in the summer now pep is here.
Clichy has been our most consistent defender - all his performances have been poor.
Just watched the 2012 qpr title winning game and on the qpr 2 nd goal clichy was ball watching similar to yesterday's goal he simply switches of in these situations it's happened countless times over the past few seasons . If we're to stop this he needs to be shown the door.

We are 6 points better off than last season with two very winnable games remaining and will likely improve our league position, I'm not sure how you think pep has done poorly
The problem is the extra 15-18 points we need next season and the improvement we need in Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.