Pep: I would have been sacked at Barca or Bayern.

Because he needs people to understand that City are not perennial CL semi finalists and winners, and are a significant work in progress.

All complete conjecture. We actually beat Barca, but the problem I see that it is not a one off we are trying to create, but a level where such victories do not cost bookies a fortune. That is a significant difference in th mindset of who City are...not in East Manchester, but in the large population centers of Europe.

Not sure I can decipher what you are saying here?

If you worry about what the media says about City, you are going to die a young man, as the stress will kill you in your sleep! Don't listen, and just enjoy the ride that is being a City fan. Therein lies the reward. As for rags? Since when did any real City fan care what they thought?!

Thanks for breaking my quote down and taking each point in turn. Appreciated. Feel better.

To me it sounds like he would be fired at his previous clubs for finishing like this and he's thankful that he's given a second chance here.

We all know that we need better players in certain positions.. Until we have those shortfalls filled then we are not a complete unit that is capable of the heights we aspire to.
Pep didn't have shortfall players at Barca and Bayern.

Give him a break ffs.

Watch the interview and he winks at the journalist. Said that's your story for tomorrow.
Takes the focus off the players before a huge game and all the headlines are about his comments.

To me it sounds like he would be fired at his previous clubs for finishing like this and he's thankful that he's given a second chance here.
Yeah maybe that's true but why say it ?
It's very disrespectful to the sheikh and if I was him I'd be very pissed off

Is it a mind game, does he want out without being seen to throw the towel in ?

If he was going to say it might have been better to wait a week. Mess up the next two games and I don't think Khaldoun will be too impressed.

His English is very good by most standards, but perhaps not sufficiently nuanced that he can navigate the minefield of a football press conference without upseting the over sensistive.

Yeah maybe that's true but why say it ?
It's very disrespectful to the sheikh and if I was him I'd be very pissed off

Is it a mind game, does he want out without being seen to throw the towel in ?

Because the newspaper article says he was asked if he felt his job was under pressure after a season of underachievement. And because he's dumb. He says dumb things and that bothers me too sometimes although he may mean well. Like saying how strong the opponents are and how we're not there yet all the time, or how he always keeps saying if we fail it's okay, he's learning (like What?!?) I know he's trying to take the pressure off but it doesn't sound motivating enough. Anyway, I don't think he's comparing clubs here or saying we're small. He's just putting pressure on himself for no reason because his next quote is "but if I fail again next year I'll probably get sacked".

He's bang on with what he had said and if anything comes across as supremely confident for next season.

I actually think Pep has been relatively successful this season when you look at the bigger picture.

Without a doubt I'd argue that we've got some of the best individual talent in the league. However, as a squad it's probably lucky to be in the top 6. A few week ago we had a bench where our biggest attacking options were Navas and Iheanacho. That's shite for a club with our aspirations.

We've missed Komps, Gundogan and Jesus for 3/4s of the season, relied on practically the same starting 11 as last season and the only players to make an impact for us have been the young lads (Sane and Stones). All of this whilst our direct rivals have improved.

Zab, Clichy, Sagna, Navas, Delph, Iheanacho, Nolito, Bravo and Caballero , all players who have had game time for us this season, would struggle to get into a top 8 PL side. Thats without the players out loan like Mangala and Hart who are average players. That's how poor our side has allowed to become.

Yet with competent officials we'd be second in the league right now. We've not been clinical enough and made some mistakes. But in most of the big games we've started to dominate again, albeit without the result.

Pep knows what this league has to offer and we're not going to go into the summer and spend all of the money on youth prospects again.

Like with Walker, we are going to sign some top quality established players who will immediately improve the side. Add to the mix the likes of Sterling, Jesus, Sane and Stones will have more experience.

I personally think we'll piss the PL next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.