The battle for 3rd place

What happens if we finish joint 3rd ?

I think it'd go to goals scored. However, if Liverpool won 3-0 and we drew 3-3 then we'd be tied. Would be interested to know for sure but in English football they are seem to moot the idea of a playoff rather than going on head to head record.

The M
I think it'd go to goals scored. However, if Liverpool won 3-0 and we drew 3-3 then we'd be tied. Would be interested to know for sure but in English football they are seem to moot the idea of a playoff rather than going on head to head record.

MEN was running a story a couple of week back where they said that if we finished tied on goals scored we would play off possibly at the swamp

What happens if we draw 3-3 and Liverpool win 3-0. Is it a play off for 3rd spot or does it go on head to head results?
Also but very unlikely to happen Liverpool lose 2-0 to Boro and Arsenal draw 1-1 and they are tied. That must be a play off surely?

Yes a play off, and the way Sky mentioned it earlier I'm expecting it to happen, play off for 4th between the dippers and tarquins will be good for sky.

Those seem remarkably short odds. Say after 75 mins we're 0-0 against a Watford team wanting to finish on a high note in front of their fans. Arsenal are two up against an Everton team on the beach, Liverpool coasting. We've fallen into that trap of not knowing whether to press for a goal or defend for a point. Then concede a sloppy goal. Arsenal spurred on by that news score two late goals.

Unlikely? Very. But is it a 1 in 500 scenario?
Agreed.
I think it's based on Watford not giving a fuck and their best defender banned.

A week or so ago I was confident 7 points from the last three would get us third. Not at all sure now, I think Liverpool will batter boro.

Please go back to predicting we will lose at Watford.

I thought Watford was the easier of the two games, but just for you I'll plump for a either a 1-0 reverse, with Arsenal putting 4 past Everton to deny us 4th spot, or a 1-1 draw, with the dippers putting 3 past Boro to deny us 3rd spot! How's that? You going the game by the way?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.