Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain how a City side with 70% possession

1. A significant part of that 70% is in our own half
2. Kun spends most of his time in the oppositions half.
3. Its difficult to create chances from your own half just holding onto the ball.

Big step last night, as far as i'm concerned that's the first time we've seen Sergio perform anything like the striker pep wants him to be, I really didn't think he had it in him to pull a performance like that out of the bag, I know it's only one game, but for the past few weeks as a team we seem to be getting better and better every week in terms of performing to the level pep expects his teams to be at but also performing the duties pep wants, If only Sergio could keep that up all of next season.

His goals to games ratio is one of the best it has been with us and one more goal would take him to his record tally. I thought he had a better game than Sane and Jesus yesterday (and clearly most others did as well). He perhaps doesn't quite have the turn of speed that he used to but if he can add the kind of creativity he showed yesterday, he could end up a better all round player than he ever has been.
His league goal return is relatively poor for him: 18 from 29. You are right he could adapt his game, and I agree there are other aspects to forward play other than sticking it in the net, but it's by far and away the most significant aspect, and all season long Guardiola has quite rightly moaned about City's inability to finish chances. Surely that reflects on Aguero? No one has commented on why he has been dropped by Argentina. Is there some other issue there that I am not aware about?

Would be complete utter madness to sell him, I hope when the time comes for him to leave city he leaves the same way zabaleta left yesterday.

That's a bit unfair. I was just reacting to your comment. I thought he did well up to a point. His job is to score goals and he didn't. City have really struggled all season to turn possession into goals. It's one of the defining features of our season. The players that inflicted damage and cut the WBA defence were Sane and Jesus.

I also fail to see the height relevance. If anything, a player with low centre of gravity like Kun should relish playing against the big guys

His job is to help the "team" score goals and also be the first line of defence, he did both. If he gets on the scoresheet that's a bonus but the team winning comes first and he created all three goals last night, should have been more if Sane had his shooting boots on.

1. A significant part of that 70% is in our own half
2. Kun spends most of his time in the oppositions half.
3. Its difficult to create chances from your own half just holding onto the ball.
I'm not sure that is entirely true. we have two of the most creative players in the Premier league in Silva and De Bruyne. I don't think their game has declined notably. The change is down more to Kun I feel as he can't shake the shackles of his markers in the box. I think that's why you see him coming very deep for the ball

I'm not sure that is entirely true. we have two of the most creative players in the Premier league in Silva and De Bruyne. I don't think their game has declined notably. The change is down more to Kun I feel as he can't shake the shackles of his markers in the box. I think that's why you see him coming very deep for the ball
You dont think Kev's game took a dip recently?

His league goal return is relatively poor for him: 18 from 29. You are right he could adapt his game, and I agree there are other aspects to forward play other than sticking it in the net, but it's by far and away the most significant aspect, and all season long Guardiola has quite rightly moaned about City's inability to finish chances. Surely that reflects on Aguero? No one has commented on why he has been dropped by Argentina. Is there some other issue there that I am not aware about?

He's our most reliable goal scorer and 18 from 29 isn't bad at all for the premier league against packed defences. Shame about the missed penalties or it would look even better. He is far from the only player who is missing chances. Sane and Jesus had excellent chances yesterday that they messed up and KDB/Sterling (amongst others) and the rest have all missed their fair share of good chances this year. Anyway I think he was our best forward yesterday and that is the game we are talking about. Let's hope he can keep that sort of form up.

I have no idea why he isn't playing for Argentina and I couldn't care less to be honest. It's what he does at City that I care about.

I think KDB has been below his usual standards for much of the season. He drops deeper to get the ball as we can't get it to him if he is alone in the box against 6 defenders. He's looking to be quite effective in that role and it's creating space for others as well. He'll still keep scoring more than his fair share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.