Transport idea - yay or nay?

Finally a thread where I can sing the praises of a new venture the club advised us about some weeks ago. Zeelo started running coaches to games from several points around Manchester. In my case Stockport and get picked up from either Bramhall, Cheadle Hulme or Cheadle. The coaches provided are luxurious, prompt and very convenient. Average an hour to and from Blue car park but surprisingly at £10 for adults and £5 for over 65s and kids under used so not sure if they will continue next season. I hope so because its a no brainer compared with the cattle truck that's called a tram, risking paintwork getting out of a car park or walking in the wet back to Manchester for transport.
Used this for the first time against WBA. Bit of a mare as the coach driver was given the wrong address for the Cheadle Hulme pick up so missed them out and had to go back for them. Instead of arriving at 11.30 we didn't arrive until 12.00 which was ok although a bit of a rush for a drink by the time we entered the ground instead of a leisurely couple. On the way back despite being guaranteed priority exit we were stuck behind other coaches as we had arrived late originally. Took about an hour to arrive home instead of about 40 minutes and that was mainly due to a coach driver who drove like a lunatic saying 'we coach drivers don't do stuck in traffic'. For a tenner it is worth doing but not if it is a family as the cost becomes too prohibitive. Unless they reduce their prices I doubt whether I would use again although the concept is great

Not sure on Car Pooling
The designated pick up areas are a good idea if they could provide sufficient types of transport and parking (Park & Ride) from those areas to the ground (Shuttle Bus).
If i wasn't expected to spend my hard earned playing squash on a bus jammed into someones stinky armpit I might consider using such a system. I won't hold my breath though!
And neither should you.
The public transport infrastructure around the ground is really poor and needs addressing particularly if they extend the parking restrictions as threatened so that you won't be able to park on the main roads up to Edge Lane. Trams are great if you could get on one at an appropriate time.
Not sure what the answer is but MCC should be running feasibility studies to improve what is currently a mess on match days and nights.

Used this for the first time against WBA. Bit of a mare as the coach driver was given the wrong address for the Cheadle Hulme pick up so missed them out and had to go back for them. Instead of arriving at 11.30 we didn't arrive until 12.00 which was ok although a bit of a rush for a drink by the time we entered the ground instead of a leisurely couple. On the way back despite being guaranteed priority exit we were stuck behind other coaches as we had arrived late originally. Took about an hour to arrive home instead of about 40 minutes and that was mainly due to a coach driver who drove like a lunatic saying 'we coach drivers don't do stuck in traffic'. For a tenner it is worth doing but not if it is a family as the cost becomes too prohibitive. Unless they reduce their prices I doubt whether I would use again although the concept is great

Yes was told about that, we were fortunate as we had to get to that game from another starting point so didn't use the coach. But so far as I am aware that has been the only glitch. Take your point about a family but compared with a fiver for a car park, fuel etc and the angst of driving in congested traffic etc its still a no brainer for me.

Not sure on Car Pooling
The public transport infrastructure around the ground is really poor and needs addressing particularly if they extend the parking restrictions as threatened so that you won't be able to park on the main roads up to Edge Lane. Trams are great if you could get on one at an appropriate time.
Not sure what the answer is but MCC should be running feasibility studies to improve what is currently a mess on match days and nights.

Do you know if this is what's proposed, it will be no parking on main roads and the new restrictions won't apply to minor?

It sounds a good idea. I use public transport as I don't drive. Day matches are ok but night matches the getting home is awful. Last night with the staying behind for Zabba I got into Altrincham at 23:30. I looked on the information board and there was not one bus available so I had to take a taxi which cost me over £7 so doubling my transport costs straight away. The alternative was a 30-40 minutes walk in the pouring rain.

I drove last night and live 5 mins from Altrincham. I had 3 spare seats in my car. This would be a pretty good idea.

I drove last night and live 5 mins from Altrincham. I had 3 spare seats in my car. This would be a pretty good idea.

Bloody hell I knew there must be more near me. It is only the night games that are a problem really. I can get to Altrincham bus station ok but I live up near Waitrose in Broadheath. It is usually a bus to the old Cheshire cheese and walk down, which isn't great late at night or over £7 in a taxi as they charge a third on top after eleven now.

Bloody hell I knew there must be more near me. It is only the night games that are a problem really. I can get to Altrincham bus station ok but I live up near Waitrose in Broadheath. It is usually a bus to the old Cheshire cheese and walk down, which isn't great late at night or over £7 in a taxi as they charge a third on top after eleven now.

As in the newish Waitrose on Sinderland Rd? We're a 10 mins walk , just the other side of the brook on the Newgate estate.

Yes that Waitrose, draybank road. There used to be a 247 at 23:20 but the last one now is 22:25.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.