Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that is entirely true. we have two of the most creative players in the Premier league in Silva and De Bruyne. I don't think their game has declined notably. The change is down more to Kun I feel as he can't shake the shackles of his markers in the box. I think that's why you see him coming very deep for the ball
Since Joining City Kun has come deep to pick up the ball. You seem to be expecting him to score every game from your comment. No player has scored in every game in the Premier league and probably not in any English professional league for a century or more. As for De Bruyne's game not "declining" 6 goals this season compared with his first one with us and his last in the Bundes! Plus this season he has occasionally looked as though he is playing in a teammates boots on back to front. I rate DB highly but don't try to suggest that Kun isn't allowed an off game because DB never fails us.

His job is to help the "team" score goals and also be the first line of defence, he did both. If he gets on the scoresheet that's a bonus but the team winning comes first and he created all three goals last night, should have been more if Sane had his shooting boots on.
Someone has to score the goals. That's the first and foremost metric on which a striker should be measured. Up until this season he has been outstanding. Perhaps I am imagining it but I don't think he as quick as he was, and that leads to a lower goal return as you have so little time in the penalty area.

Up until jesus arrived, the claim was that City's struggle with goal scoring was down to many factors, however it seems as soon as Jesus plays he scores. It's only over a short period of games, but it's very notable that Jesus has made a big difference to City's goal scoring in the same way that Kompany has made a big difference to City's defending. You could argue if you wanted that that is because jesus is such an outstanding forward, but I think the old Kun would be close to 30 goals in the league this season based on the attacking emphasis City have had this season. We've been playing with midfielders and wingers at full back. We've done everything we can to up the goal output

I think KDB has been below his usual standards for much of the season. He drops deeper to get the ball as we can't get it to him if he is alone in the box against 6 defenders. He's looking to be quite effective in that role and it's creating space for others as well. He'll still keep scoring more than his fair share.
KDB is the most creative player in the Premier League with the most assists. His goal return is not as good as it was but although he is not perfect I don;t think you can explain Citys poor efficiency in the penalty area as a function of KDB or Silva. There is only one explanation that works but none of you are willing to make that conclusion. I suspect we'll continue but with Jesus as the main man now.

Apart from one is from Argentina, ones from Chile and ones from Brazil - three countries with intense rivalry and in the case of Argentina and Brazil a deep loathing.
I think he means almost the same nationalities as MSN, not each other

Explain how a City side with 70% possession throughout a season can struggle to turn that possession into clear cut chances and goals. It's not down to KDB and Silva's lack of creativity. I genuinely believe that Aguero is not quite as sharp as he was when City first signed him. I don't think he is as quick. When was the last time you saw, Silva or KDB play a little angled ball through the defence and Aguero race on to it and slot it past the keeper?

No surprise that when Jesus plays, City's goal output goes through the roof.

If you don't want to see it, far enough. But the evidence is there for you. he's been here for 6 seasons now. His goals to game ratio has dipped significantly this season despite being our main striker for almost the entire season. And as soon as the new boy plays he outguns him significantly. Explain also why he has been dropped by Argentina

I hope he stays at City because he's still a very effective player, but he's no longer the best striker in Europe

Little angled ball through the defence and Aguero race on to it and slot it past the keeper? Monchengladbach, but it wasn't KDB or Silva, it was Sterling.

KDB is the most creative player in the Premier League with the most assists. His goal return is not as good as it was but although he is not perfect I don;t think you can explain Citys poor efficiency in the penalty area as a function of KDB or Silva. There is only one explanation that works but none of you are willing to make that conclusion. I suspect we'll continue but with Jesus as the main man now.

Efficiency in the penalty area isn't just one man though is it (remember KDB's miss against Chelsea)? He scores more than his fair share and he will miss some chances, as do all players. There's still nobody that we have I'd prefer leading the line at the moment and I suspect Jesus and Sane will continue in the wide positions with Aguero central for the time being.

Anyone else notice how much more willing to pass to Jesus than he has to others last night?

Was my man of the match last night. Bonkers to sell him

Not one of you has come up with an argument. Until you do, I'm keeping my opinion, until he scores a couple against watford.
Marvin you don't have an argument, that's the point behind my silly comment. Several posters have quoted stats, obvious tactical reasons - for us and the opposition all you have done is continued to say he is not as good as he was. Yet, the stats don't back you up. All you are doing is trying to back up your first post which in my opinion was a gut based opinion, on what I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.