General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39969306

May delights her fans in the press

So it turns out that a prime minister's word isn't always sacrosanct - because, after all, he or she won't be in No 10 forever.

Victims of press abuse in Britain believe they were given a cast-iron guarantee that the second stage of the Leveson Inquiry, which would look at corporate governance at Rupert Murdoch's News International as well as the relationship between Britain's press and the police, would definitely go ahead.

The Tory manifesto says that, if they are elected, it will not.

Moreover, Section 40 of the Crime and Courts Act 2013, which if enacted would have forced newspapers to pay the costs of legal action taken against them - unless they belonged to an approved regulator - has also been dropped.

_96111572_may.jpg

Tory bastard.

To think people are going to vote for this ****.

Ok so if we've all got to pay for social care I think the NHS should stop funding IVF, tit jobs etc etc if you want that pay for it yourself. No fucking way I'm letting them take my daughters inheritance I've worked hard for that and paid into the system and will continue paying as my pension will be taxed. £100k might not be a lot to some but in the future it will be hell of a difference for my girl. First sign of going under I'll downsize and give her the cash for a deposit, these wankers get worse by the minute.

You have to be careful with gifting mate their not that daft, I think its anything under seven years they will have you.

Check this out

https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/mon...-about-signing-property-over-to-your-children

But we are paying for it, they are just wasting billions on shit we really don't need or giving it away to countries that don't need it, council tax is going up to help fund it as well. I'd gladly pay another 2p in income tax if the money went where it's supposed to.
I agree with the point shouldn't be paying for such procedures whilst recognising we currently do.

Another really important point to note here. This change only affects where people choose to live in their own home and have home visits. You pat until your assets are down to 100k.

However what seems to have been lost here is that if you go into a dare home today you get no assistance until you're down to your last 14k (I think). Under the change proposed, you will be able to keep 100k as opposed to 14k at which point the state pays.

Think about that it's much better for working class people in my opinion.

The social care thing is a problem only because of low taxation. It seems the opponents of high taxation are OK that those who've been able to buy a big house should lose it if they are unlucky enough to need social care, and that the rich (relatively) should bear that burden. If you think inherited wealth is a bit suspect anyway (my kids have benefited from the bank of mum and dad but that's to the disadvantage of kids who haven't got parents who could afford to help out) that may not matter, but this care cost issue isn't decent social policy, it's just gambling that you don't get ill. Sorry this is simplistic, but it's just another instance of Bill Bryson's observation that the country is far wealthier than when he first came here and wrote Notes from a Small Island, but now we can't afford flowers on roundabouts.

Newsnight interview with Tory rep Michael Fallon puts him in the Diane Abbott territory of arithmetical acumen.

I agree with the point shouldn't be paying for such procedures whilst recognising we currently do.

Another really important point to note here. This change only affects where people choose to live in their own home and have home visits. You pat until your assets are down to 100k.

However what seems to have been lost here is that if you go into a dare home today you get no assistance until you're down to your last 14k (I think). Under the change proposed, you will be able to keep 100k as opposed to 14k at which point the state pays.

Think about that it's much better for working class people in my opinion.

Current proposals that will be changed again if todays manifesto is applies are from 2020 you will have a maximum cap of £72,000 you will be asked to pay towards care costs - presumably lifetime figure - but that doesn't include "bed and board" costs which you also have to pay for and are capped at £12k pa. So thats the current Govt proposal - £72k and a further up to £12k pa till you die.
At the moment the first £14,250 capital and savings is disregarded and is yours to keep - that fig up to £23,250 and you get some local authority assistance with costs. Above that and you are on your own until you are down to the £14250 in assets and savings.
The 2020 savings will see the lower limit raised to £17,000 and the upper to £118,000.
So these latest changes will mean that you can retain £100k in assets and cash but the £72k cap is gone and the £12k pa remains - you keep more than you do now not as much as proposed in 2020 and the payoff is that the £72k overall cap is removed.

Agreed....but thats not happening is it?

1) NHS is a shambles 3 week wait to see the GP and a proposal from the Conservatives that GP's should work in A&E to ease the backlog
2) means testing the elderly to remove their winter fuel allowance (Probably cost more to implement than savings ...next will be taking their free bus passes off them.
3) Social Care reform ...... don't make me fuc£ing laugh. The government still end up taking your house and all your assets.
4) Kids expected to find a job on JSA/ feed themselves etc.

Instead they make the choice of renewing trident (167 billion)/ building a railway line no one wants (70 billion)/ reducing corporation tax / Giving themselves £1049 a year pay rise (1st April) / refurbishing the houses of parliament (5.7 billion) / decorating the house of the richest woman on earth £369 million

One thing the tories will always do is to penalise the elderly / disabled / unemployed for the woes of this country. Please remind me again how many bankers went to prison as a result of the financial crisis of 2008

i could go on ...

I couldn't agree more. It's why Labour's manifesto, although it will personally harm me more than any of the others, is the most attractive option for the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.