It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just sense this is going to be a statement summer for the club. They got their manager last summer and now with ffpr under control, they are going to back him.

There are only only a handful of players who would be a statement signing and Neymar is one, Mbappe isn't. Yes he'd cost a shit load but unproven.

People who are focused on prem need to think bigger. Our eyes are on Real, Barca and Bayern. Match them and the prem takes care of itself.

Neymar is the real deal. The other positive is the back up we have if he isn't doing it in a match or needs a rest. KDB, Silva, Sterling, Sane, Jesus can all switch positions across the front. Even Barca don't have those options and you can see how his form has tailed off if not being pushed and all the other crap going on.

The huge downer would be Aguero leaving and I'd be as gutted more about not having the opportunity to send him off in style like Zaba. Toure too if he goes.

Dont forget it's been reported in the past that he prefers to come here, hes the type of player we're desperate for, and his flexibility as I've said would be huge.

Regarding Aguero, I feel the same. He's most likely not going to leave, and the West Brom game showed he's finally getting it. That said, Pep once said "I wish I had a thousand Dante's", a week later he was sold to Wolfsburg.

Yeah but the flexibility thing isn't a sales pitch. Players tend to want to know what position they'll play. I worry that Mourinho's saying to him "I'll build a midfield around you and Pogba" while Pep'll be saying "some weeks you'll play in midfield, some weeks full back, some weeks in a back three!". (i'm guessing obviously but you get the point).

Barca want the money IMO. They'll also be petrified of Messi pulling the plug and not signing his new deal. I reckon they'll think the best way to proceed is to sell Neymar. To that end they'll happy for the lifestyle stories to filter out. Softening the supporters up.

I do think Neymar is most likely to leave. Messi has a year left on his deal, so he is a very strong position and could leave in a year for free if he really wanted to, and go to any club he wants to. Like you said, looks like they are softening the supporters up.

About the money, I'm sure they need it but even if Aguero goes the other way, they would be getting probably 80-90m and getting a world class player as well. If we pay the 150m (reported release clause), they will still need to spend at least 50m on a replacement, so I think Aguero going there would be the best option for them. Messi probably knows the situation and I imagine he would be pushing for Kun. If I recall correctly they have also said that playing together for the same club would be a dream.

You just sense this is going to be a statement summer for the club. They got their manager last summer and now with ffpr under control, they are going to back him.

There are only only a handful of players who would be a statement signing and Neymar is one, Mbappe isn't. Yes he'd cost a shit load but unproven.

People who are focused on prem need to think bigger. Our eyes are on Real, Barca and Bayern. Match them and the prem takes care of itself.

Neymar is the real deal. The other positive is the back up we have if he isn't doing it in a match or needs a rest. KDB, Silva, Sterling, Sane, Jesus can all switch positions across the front. Even Barca don't have those options and you can see how his form has tailed off if not being pushed and all the other crap going on.

The huge downer would be Aguero leaving and I'd be as gutted more about not having the opportunity to send him off in style like Zaba. Toure too if he goes.

We will also be negotiating a new kit deal and how much more would Neymar add

Yeah but the flexibility thing isn't a sales pitch. Players tend to want to know what position they'll play. I worry that Mourinho's saying to him "I'll build a midfield around you and Pogba" while Pep'll be saying "some weeks you'll play in midfield, some weeks full back, some weeks in a back three!". (i'm guessing obviously but you get the point).

That's a more than fair point. Maybe I'm biased, but if it's a straight shoot between working for Pep and Jose then there's not even a decision to be made.

I do think Neymar is most likely to leave. Messi has a year left on his deal, so he is a very strong position and could leave in a year for free if he really wanted to, and go to any club he wants to. Like you said, looks like they are softening the supporters up.

About the money, I'm sure they need it but even if Aguero goes the other way, they would be getting probably 80-90m and getting a world class player as well. If we pay the 150m (reported release clause), they will still need to spend at least 50m on a replacement, so I think Aguero going there would be the best option for them. Messi probably knows the situation and I imagine he would be pushing for Kun. If I recall correctly they have also said that playing together for the same club would be a dream.

TBH, when you put it like that it actually makes so much sense. Send Kun to Barca so he can play with his best mate and international teammate, and bring Neymar in so he can play alongside his international teammate. Sadly I still don't think it'll happen! :/

TBH, when you put it like that it actually makes so much sense. Send Kun to Barca so he can play with his best mate and international teammate, and bring Neymar in so he can play alongside his international teammate. Sadly I still don't think it'll happen! :/

I also think its a little unlikely mate. A dream if it does happen though. The football world would be in complete shock and many clubs especially in the PL would be absolutely terrified. If we are going to break the world record and make a statement signing, it doesn't get much better than Neymar!!

Surely it's Mbappe he's talking about, not Neymar & where the fuck is Aguero supposed to be going & why is Jesus, Neymar's mate, saying in public, he wants Aguero to stay, if his mate would be coming depending on Aguero leaving ?

Bollocks.

Edit: Aguero, Suarez & Messi ?

Aguero & Messi barely get two passes off for Argentina & so Barca want to shoehorn them together & sell Neymar ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.