General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is against the grain, so either she's dumb by accident or there is an ulterior motive. It is a mad proposal. Someone said on the radio today; it's like One Direction releasing an album entitled 'All teenage girls are fat and stupid' - hard to know what to make of it.

My thoughts are incomplete on it also, but on the face of it, it appears to be a great idea... an equalizer. It has nuances, and people have shouted 'Death tax!' but really, the future is all there ever is, so the people who got lucky should give it back when they die. I like it but the country isn't ready for it.

Not sure I agree with the got lucky bit

see my other post - as you know I am not a fan of her but I applaud her for having the balls to face up to things and not dodge it like predecessors. Of course we don't - we want the moon on the stick but have someone else pay for it but then condemn any politician who then names who they think should pay. Fucking mad.

It why the Tories do better in elections than the polls predict. Get people in those polling booths thinking about the money in their pocket.

Not sure I agree with the got lucky bit

Well that's my determinism bias creeping in. Falling out of the right vagina/having certain parents.. It's all luck really and it's a fact to be better recognized. We're just a ricochet, and if we're wilfully continuing this mess we should have policies like this. No help from dead mums and dads.. just earn your place.

I am glad you got an apprenticeship but don't base the whole experience for most in the 80's on your good fortune. Max there you are talking 150 apprenticeships pa across 3 major businesses in the 80's. A fraction I would wager of the number they took on in the previous decade every year.

So what am i supposed to base it on?
Being in Engineering/IT in Manchester under Labour was an absolute shit show. I know people who all did apprenticeships at those previously mentioned companies, and all were made redundant or lost their jobs while Labour was in power.

Funny thing is that i used to be pro-Labour (along with all my family) and used to vote for them. Even when Gordon was leading his constant crusade against temp workers/contractors i was still pretty much in the Labour camp.
I finally decided i couldn''t back them any longer when they introduced University fees, Iraq and also wanting to bring in ID cards.

And i doubt i can vote for them again whilst they still want to carry on punishing the temp worker/contracting sector and whilst people Corbyn & Abbot are involved with them, and keep pandering to their cronies in the unions.

So what am i supposed to base it on?
Being in Engineering/IT in Manchester under Labour was an absolute shit show. I know people who all did apprenticeships at those previously mentioned companies, and all were made redundant or lost their jobs while Labour was in power.

Funny thing is that i used to be pro-Labour (along with all my family) and used to vote for them. Even when Gordon was leading his constant crusade against temp workers/contractors i was still pretty much in the Labour camp.
I finally decided i couldn''t back them any longer when they introduced University fees, Iraq and also wanting to bring in ID cards.

And i doubt i can vote for them again whilst they still want to carry on punishing the temp worker/contracting sector and whilst people Corbyn & Abbot are involved with them, and keep pandering to their cronies in the unions.

It is a matter of fact that industry in Britain was decimated by Thatcherism - unemployment rose to record levels - over 3m. Many of those businesses that closed were no longer there and so apprenticeships were no longer on offer from them. I cannot for the life of me see why you deny that fact - it is well documented if you care to look it up. I am not denying that you and your co-workers had it tough in the Labour years but again international companies making decisions about where to base production isn't just a Labour issue - in fact in some cases you could point the finger at the EU making it easy to move jobs around. You can't change the fact that places like BAE Chadderton closed under Tory rule though. Why didn't they act to save those jobs in the two years after they got elected? Because they could do Jack shit - its international business.

We can agree on that - Bliar / Brown were inept cunts. I never voted New Labour. I was a member of the Labour Party which I lapsed when he added the New. He was a snake oil salesman and Fees, Iraq, ID card were all bollox as was fox hunting bans etc etc - they just played a political game.

I see you have continued to do your research via the Murdoch empire? blah balh Union Cronies, blah blah Abbott blah blah punishing the well catered for temporary worker..... look I won't change your mind and you sure as hell won't change mine.

Well that's my determinism bias creeping in. Falling out of the right vagina/having certain parents.. It's all luck really and it's a fact to be better recognized. We're just a ricochet, and if we're wilfully continuing this mess we should have policies like this. No help from dead mums and dads.. just earn your place.

as evidenced by a certain wedding today.... quite a few fell out of the correct vagina's there

Motivation and luck that's what gets you places. There are good arguments both for and against really. In this instance
There is no fair on this subject.

Well she does want us to be an 'aspirational society'!

Motivation and luck that's what gets you places. There are good arguments both for and against really. In this instance
There is no fair on this subject.

Well there is a 'fairer' somewhere.. if 100k isn't it.. where is it? 'Inheritance' can't make rational sense, so where do you draw the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.