General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My old tricks being?

Whatever the outcome of the next general election, It would not surprise me that despite Corbyn's unpopularity, the combined vote of all the parties to the left of the Tories will out number those they receive. That is the nature of our electoral system and I accept that, but it does not show as you stated.....

how desperate the electorate are to avoid a left wing government?

The left she is dragging them to is centre right though by any stardards, the centre shifted right 30+ years ago what labour is offering is what would have been considered centre left before.
Meh. She'd be lambasted as a commie in the states so I agree everything is relative. But a few did expect her to push further right given the state of the polls.

I for one am certainly happy she seems to be pulling the party towards the centre than the other way.

Whatever the outcome of the next general election, It would not surprise me that despite Corbyn's unpopularity, the combined vote of all the parties to the left of the Tories will out number those they receive. That is the nature of our electoral system and I accept that, but it does not show as you stated.....

Ah. So it's not that the electorate doesn't want a left wing government, it's simply because they have too much choice.

Fair enough. That must be annoying. Or it would be if the Tories and UKIP didn't account for 52% on the current poll of polls.

And that if we assume the Lib dems are left wing as opposed to centrist.

Ah. So it's not that the electorate doesn't want a left wing government, it's simply because they have too much choice.

Fair enough. That must be annoying. Or it would be if the Tories and UKIP didn't account for 52% on the current poll of polls.

And that if we assume the Lib dems are left wing as opposed to centrist.

Noises off, as usual. Whatever is happening it is not as you stated...
how desperate the electorate are to avoid a left wing government

That's not the main driver in this election and you know it.

Although when one party has been in power for 42 years out of the last 66, it might have something to do with them, surely?

No-one is whiter than driven snow are they. And running a successful economy is difficult with all sorts of macro-economic events happening on the world stage over which you have no control.

But the fundamental conservative principles of small government, low tax and creating an environment for business to thrive and to create wealth - these are imho the right ones. Following this path leads to greater wealth for all, although the distribution of that wealth may not be to everyone's liking.

Labour principles of the state running more stuff (even worse when Clause 4 was around; the state controlling the means of production and all that), is flawed. The state are shit at controlling anything and should keep their meddling hands off things as much as possible. Everything they touch, turns to shite. Taking more money off people with idea the state can spend it more wisely is in itself daft. And that's not allowing for the fact that the state pisses 3/4 of it up the wall anyway. And spending the money by just borrowing and putting the nation even further into debt is also stupid. Labour's fundamental approach - however laudable the aims - is wrong.

Noises off, as usual. Whatever is happening it is not as you stated...

That's not the main driver in this election and you know it.
No I don't. There's not been a left wing government elected in two generations.

It's exactly as I said it was. And you know it but you can't understand it as you see politics in binary and have the political empathy of cushion.

Barry Gardener on next, I like his style, very informative while brushing off the bullshit, bar abbot, The Labour lot look the more inteligent, informed and prepared to take the country forward, the tories look like they make it up as they go along after an afternoon at the in Diogenes Club

You're right. Thankfully Sir Lynton Crosby's launch of the Tory manifesto found a way of appealing to the common folk.....

1980s-uk-the-beano-comic-annual-cover-exre81.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.