The battle for 3rd place

We could easily have finished 2nd place just with some better refereeing but I think 3rd is pretty much what we deserve on the whole for being so wasteful up front and vulnerable at the back.

It's great to get the extra rest for the players and not have to play the CL qualifier which can be problematic...well done City.

Fairly satisfying season really.

I said we'd finish third when it all kicked off because we didn't have the quality in net or at full back to do any better. And seven home draws saw that happen.

We achieved what we should have done, especially with no Kompany for most of the season (look at our record with him in the team!) and Gabriel only coming at New Year and having three months out injured and no Gündoğan for the most part.

Some of the football we played this season is better than anything I've seen before. But some of it was lacklustre because we really lack in some areas. We need a better 'keeper, better full backs and a couple of more exciting players on the bench before we compete for the big trophies.

Third spot also comes into consideration for what pot we go in does it not as in seeding,compared with forth and Liverpool?

Now they have "historic points system" (read, how can we get old good teams back to the big time?)we'll be in pot 4, dippers into pot 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.