It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd loved to be proven wrong on this. I rate him highly just not sure he's the guy to replace Kompany.

No one is the guy to replace Kompany. Signing a 25 year old Kompany wouldn't replace Vinny, you get someone in who's very good, has the leadership abilities and they turn into a talismanic figure over a few years.

Maybe we don't need to replace Kompany?
Its a tricky one, I'd be happy with Kompany , Otamendi, Stones and Kolarov, but an injury hit Kompany would leave us very short. Then again if we bring in a fifth cb and he stays fit, we have too many. The best bet for me would be to replace Otamendi, despite his form,with someone that could lead the back line without Kompany if need be.

No one is the guy to replace Kompany. Signing a 25 year old Kompany wouldn't replace Vinny, you get someone in who's very good, has the leadership abilities and they turn into a talismanic figure over a few years.

Like I say i'd love to be proven wrong but guess we'll just have to wait. Whichever decision pep and txiki make i'll back as they're the ones being paid a hell of a lot of money for their expertise.

we do if you don't want to go through 4/5 months of Stones with Otamendi or Kolarov again next season, think most of us tired of that this time around.

Those 3 improved very dramatically before Vinny came back though, so to be honest if we were in a situation where that was our CB options for 3 months of next season I'd be OK with it.

Particularly as Stones is only going to improve IMO.

Most of the damage was done in the first couple of months, when they were having mix ups and coming to terms with Pep's defence. After he said he made changes to the positioning of the players after Everton, bringing everyone closer together to help us win the second ball.

Since then (16 league games ago) we've had a very good defensive record with and without Vinny, and most of the goals we have conceded were down to the full backs who are definitely being replaced.

I won't be surprised if we do get another CB because I think that Pep will want more than just a very good defensive record, he'll want the best, but if no one does come in...not the apocalypse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.