Last Film You Saw

Alien Covenant, a welcome return to form for the Alien series.
I thought it was utterly dreadful.

No original or interesting ideas. Very little, if any, characterisation (why should we care that these people are dying?!). Hammy dialogue. And, worst of all, predictable non-scares (the two supposed big scares were in the trailer and were woefully tame).

I think it was actually worse than Prometheus, which takes some doing. At least Prometheus had some redeeming features (the medical pod scene, for example). The only reaction I saw or heard from the audience was muffled laughter and titters when David offered to "do the fingering". My girlfriend, who finds horror films scarier than most people do, fell asleep.

To me, Covenant felt more like a Blade Runner film than an Alien one; it was about the androids - their desires, needs, consciences, etc. Actually, it was like a bad Blade Runner fan fiction attempting a cross-over with the Alien universe - that's the sort of level of writing we're talking about.

A lady in front of me as we were leaving the cinema turned to her partner and resignedly said something along the lines of "Well, at least the visuals were good". If that's the ambition of a $100 million film, then it's no wonder that critics are starting to get turned off by blockbusters. Unfortunately, despite two terrible films, Ridley Scott will still get to make more, and I'll go and see them because I never bloody learn.

kong: skull island.
Absolute tripe for a blockbuster but if you treat it like a b-movie then its oddly entertaining. of course, having John C Reilly in it helps

I think the best way of putting is this; If I saw it at the cinema, Id want my money back but if I happened across it whilst channel surfing on a saturday night it would be a good movie.

I watched The Siege of Jadotville the other night. A good film that could easily be a retelling of the battle at Rorke's Drift. It's a true story based on a small force of Irish UN peacekeepers in The Congo in the 60s. I think it was the first UN peacekeeping mission, during which the plane carrying the head of the UN was shot down. Well worth a watch.

Last film isnt worth a mention but it was Mr Nobody. Confused the fuck out of me, I must watch it when not stoned!

Before that it was Falling - Good film with my favourite Maxine Peake
Befroe that it was Room - If you havent seen it do so. Drama, think based on true story, gets the mind ticking.

T2 - Trainspotting - Really enjoyed it. While it didn't have the impact of the 1st film, I thought it followed on pretty well, 7.5/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.