Why haven’t Manchester City become the "super club" they should be?

Bobby should have hit Nasri for ducking in the wall agin the rags which turned that season and again for not tracking Mackie agin QPR.

Didn't say hello to Chapman,fronted up to some mars arsed egos,told the truth to Marwood

Wanted 3/4 upgrades immediately after 93-20.

Undermined,betrayed & stabbed in the back.

The man who restored pride,fucked the piss can & tore the banner down.

Utterly disgraceful.

100% agree with you mate, but we have to let go now, even though for some of us he will always bear a special special place in our hearts. We will always wonder what if. Whilst we should all move on and get right behind Pep now nobody can ever take away the memories and our thanks for what he achieved. Never felt more connected with a manager than with Bob. However, let's go onto dominate from next season and let's re-write this article over the coming seasons and hope Pep becomes our most successful manager ever.

Give over man, I don't need reminding what he did, I was there for it all.

Doesn't stop the fact that he was causing all sorts of problems behind the scenes, common knowledge majority of our best players would have fucked off if he stuck around - you wouldn't have remembered him so fondly if that had happened....

Yes, and there is a very good reason Hart is no longer at the club.

100% agree with you mate, but we have to let go now, even though for some of us he will always bear a special special place in our hearts. We will always wonder what if. Whilst we should all move on and get right behind Pep now nobody can ever take away the memories and our thanks for what he achieved. Never felt more connected with a manager than with Bob. However, let's go onto dominate from next season and let's re-write this article over the coming seasons and hope Pep becomes our most successful manager ever.

I'm right behind Pep,as with all managers & players,& I hope next season we make up for 3 lost years with the sort of power & domination we should have had.

I've only been responding to the thread c o b, what happened to Bobby shouldn't be forgotten......it's part of our istreeee.

The biggest misapprehension in this thread is that if we'd recruited well in the summer of 2012 we would have obliterated the competition to the point where it would have been in some way irreversible. It's an utterly foolish and misguided notion. Empires rise and fall - and sometimes rise again. Dynamics in a football squad are something that is both very finely balanced and hard to predict and control. Just because we'd bought Van Persie and De Rossi back then wouldn't have made us stronger today or prevented Chelsea (for example) in any way from rebuilding. You can only have a squad of 25, no matter how much money you've got to splash .

They would've strengthened the squad,created more competition & possibly brought some balance and a stronger mentality to a dressing room that was being undermined by fragile egos.

Rodwell,Sinclair & Garcia were downgrades on the existing squad. Bobby wanted experienced upgrades. He was betrayed & we've paid the price.

Forza Mancini.....Viva Pepito.

They would've strengthened the squad,created more competition & possibly brought some balance and a stronger mentality to a dressing room that was being undermined by fragile egos.

Rodwell,Sinclair & Garcia were downgrades on the existing squad. Bobby wanted experienced upgrades. He was betrayed & we've paid the price.

Forza Mancini.....Viva Pepito.
You've completely and conspicuously failed to address the point I made in my post.

"Super Club"? Would anyone say that Chelsea are a "super club" at this point?

Real Madrid virtually invented the CL, and have won innumerable Liga titles since the 50s. Barcelona not far behind. Idem. Bayern. That status takes not merely a few years, but decades. That, in short, is the answer.

That said, I don't think there'll be any more super clubs, if I've understood the term properly, in the English Premier League. There'll be no more domination on the scale that there was by Liverpool through the 70s and 80s, and United, through the 90s and noughties. Just not going to happen.

Good read, I think it's relevant to this topic.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/19/football/barcelona-1992-european-cup-25th-anniversary/index.html

There was a time when Barcelona fans did not expect success. To wallow in pessimism was the accepted norm. Trophies? Titles? They were for others, usually the reserve of the grandiose club of the capital, Real Madrid.
The European Cup was as elusive as the unicorn: talked about, looked at with wonder, pictured with others but never seen in this Catalonian city by the Mediterranean sea.
A club like Barcelona, the nihilistic fans would say, would never reach the zenith of European club football. There was no bombast, no peacocking, just fatalism.
Barcelona had been able to sign football greats such as Johan Cruyff and Diego Maradona, but two European Cup finals -- in 1961 and 1986 -- had ended in defeat and between 1961 and 1990, the club won just two league titles in Spain's top flight, finishing runners up 13 times.
But all changed on May 20, 1992.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.