#nothingwithoutyou

LOL. But that's Bluemoon. If there was a thread about Goldilocks and the Three Bears, there'd be some who'd want Goldilocks to be locked up for being a thieving chav and others who'd want to shoot the bears. And there would be some who would want to smash Goldilocks' back door in.
I'd hope that they would at least wait until Goldilocks was 16.

I have no problem with our prices they compare well to every other team if you don't like it don't go , same as don't like Nike shirts are shit brigade , you have a choice buy or don't buy .

This comment drives me daft because it treats football like it's a ticket to the theatre and it isn't.

The normal rules of supply and demand don't apply here. Football tickets are inelastic demand where they aren't affected by the normal rules of trade. This actually makes perfect sense when you think about it - 99% of people aren't going to stop going to City and instead go to United or Everton because the ticket prices are cheaper. The clubs aren't in competition with each other for these fans, there's no such thing as enticing fans from other clubs to go to your games.

Essentially City can put their prices up to £5000 a year for a season ticket and they'll only lose people who physically cannot afford that price without great personal hardship. This doesn't mean it's ok to charge £5000 a year, it just means that you're exploiting the fans that you do have even more.

Remember that the matchday revenue from the non-corporate fans is estimated around £30m a year. That's for every seat in every game in every competition across every part of the club. We're currently paying somewhere in the region of £30m a year in wages to players who do not currently play for Manchester City.

City could drop all ticket prices down to about £200 a year, sack off Bony/Mangala/Nasri/Hart/the rest and still come out with a profit. We should also demand an answer to the question why City's profits have doubled this year to £20m but ticket prices have risen again. In fact if we cancel out that £20m profit, we could then sell high value season tickets at £220 give or take and matchday tickets at £20 each.

The raise in prices this year won't even pay for the wages of a youth player in terms of how much extra revenue it gives City yet it means a hell of a lot more to the people who it affected.

There's no reason at all to support these ticket prices. None. Not financial, not moral, not economic.

You've either unconsciously or purposely missed the point.

I haven't missed the point at all. You've essentially just gone on to state the obvious.

let's not pretend that the "Head of Fan Engagement" really gave a shit about that and instead wanted yet more datapoints about a marketing campaign that they can stick in the Annual Report.

Is this something new and/ or specific to our club? Have you seen the videos for Newcastle's or Liverpool's kit launched? Do they really give a fuck about their elderly fans receiving the new kit or what it means to be "pure Liverpool FC"? Of course they don't, it's just marketing.

The exact same could be said about any City in the community events but the fact is that these things do provide people with opportunities that they will forever treasure and otherwise wouldn't have been afforded.

Vinnie isn't breaking biscuits with the old dears because that's what he's decided to do this morning... Yes, those people will never forget their day and it will be great for them.

Exactly. The prices were going up regardless of whether or not they did this. It's a good deed, regardless of the motivations of those organising it.

As someone who lives in a very poor area of Manchester and certainly in an unenviable financial situation, I completely understand PB's frustration. However, I'm just not so overcome by cynicism that I will ignore the good being done at the same time.

It's a really nice thing for the people they visit,i'd love to lock aleks up.. i mean have a cup of tea and a cake with him
Anything else is totally seperate and not for this thread imo

Excellent post and totally correct.....what a great experience for the fans concerned.

Sadly this positive thread, as many have in the past, gets highjacked by the miserable buggers here on Bluemoon who jump at every opportunity to moan about the same old things. Things which have absolutely nothing to do with this positive thread highlighting an excellent initiative taken by the club. They can moan all they want but do it in the proper place. One guy is even moaning about the security checks which are making him late for the game.....clearly this comment is crucial and relevant to this topic!!!??. It's getting quite ridiculous now and I think the moderators need to have a look at this sad state of affairs.

LOL. But that's Bluemoon. If there was a thread about Goldilocks and the Three Bears, there'd be some who'd want Goldilocks to be locked up for being a thieving chav and others who'd want to shoot the bears. And there would be some who would want to smash Goldilocks' back door in.

F**K .me !...........The local school will be banning the story of ' Goldilocks and the 3 bears ' next term for being about Child Abuse.
Lol.

As someone who lives in a very poor area of Manchester and certainly in an unenviable financial situation, I completely understand PB's frustration. However, I'm just not so overcome by cynicism that I will ignore the good being done at the same time.

You say you haven't missed the point but then go on to state you've missed the point.

The point I'm making is that these events are directly organised in order to create the feeling of goodwill for the club and get you to spend money on them. That's the point of them. They're not doing it to be nice. They're doing it so people look at the club in a positive light and are more willing to forget the bad things they're doing to you.

It seems to be working too.

You say you haven't missed the point but then go on to state you've missed the point.

The point I'm making is that these events are directly organised in order to create the feeling of goodwill for the club and get you to spend money on them. That's the point of them. They're not doing it to be nice. They're doing it so people look at the club in a positive light and are more willing to forget the bad things they're doing to you.

It seems to be working too.

Or some folk just couldn't give a shit today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.