General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are Labours plans on long term care?

How much is paid for from the sale of house or estate? Genuine question.
Also, My friend has just sold her father's house (in London) to fund his care - she is not expecting to see anything at the end of it. so the current system is badly flawed

Last edited:
Also, My friend has just sold her father's house (in London) to fund his care - she is not expecting to see anything at the end of it. sot the current system is badly flawed
The difference is that most people don't understand or know what happens with the current system.

They see the suggestion that people may only keep £100k and think it's awful but they've no idea that at present, the £500k house has to be sold and the beneficiaries barely end up with £30k in the worst case scenario.

I'm doing my best for her as are others. She's not perfect, and occasionally needs a gentle nudge. I just see her potential being wasted by the system.
Any work is always good I found. A couple of earned quid in the pocket does far more for self esteem than wasting away at home.

Has she tried looking for work in pubs and restaurants or doesn't that interest her?

She worked with Martin McGuinness and her history shows she was against the Peace process, even working against it. Not the actions of Corbyn who has said many many times, that ALL (that being the important word) bombing was wrong. Nationalist, Loyalist. ALL.

So ?? that just means that what I said about her was fair enough

As does, IMO, the other part of their being a whole different level between people from either side of the conflict being in leading roles within NI and consideration for someone that has actively supported the IRA being the PM of the UK

You are twisting - Corbyn was unable to 'bring himself' to explicitly condemn the IRA

Mavis has only been in power for nine months and she's already U turned on:
NICS
Workers on boards
Holding an election
Social care ( key policy in Election manifesto).

Strong and stable?
Coalition of chaos?

Dont forget the manifesto of chaos.

So ?? that just means that what I said about her was fair enough

As does, IMO, the other part of their being a whole different level between people from either side of the conflict being in leading roles within NI and consideration for someone that has actively supported the IRA being the PM of the UK

You are twisting - Corbyn was unable to 'bring himself' to explicitly condemn the IRA

No it doesn't.
yep just your imo.
No twist, just you trying to twist. ALL, remember ALL, both sides, or are you happy with one side bombing?

Not sure you understand what income protection or critical illness cover is.

It has nothing to do with private medical cover or the NHS or anything.

Your point was if someone was sick and out of work - then lets hope they were 'smart' and took income protection or critical illness, in which case why have a NHS ? everyone can just be 'smart' and get various sickness,illness,critical covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.