Gael Clichy leaves confirmed. Thanks Gael & good luck.

Bullshit. It's okay to recognize how good he was and how poor he has become. Simple fact is he was nowhere near good enough for Hull this year, let alone a title aspiring team.

That doesn't take away from his previous contributions.

Not bullshit. Sure he has deteriorated, but to blame 1 player for a team of 11 under performing, at times.
Is a tad OTT.

Bullshit. It's okay to recognize how good he was and how poor he has become. Simple fact is he was nowhere near good enough for Hull this year, let alone a title aspiring team.

That's not a simple fact, it's an incredible exaggeration.

his quality has dropped but to call a man who played nearly 200 games for a club that won multiple trophies "shit" (and worse) is not really criticism with a sense of perspective....

cheers Gael.

Appreciate and thank him for everything he has done but Christ was be negative. He had a nosebleed when he passed the halfway line.

Shame this didn't come out before the Watford game.

Hasn't had a very good last 18 months, has lost a yard at his age, but he was an important part of 2 PL winning seasons and has been a very good player for us. Whenever he got a run in the team his performances notably improved. He never caused a problem and from the City social media stuff it's clear he's a top lad.

He still has something to offer in the PL for another team. I wish him all the best.

I thought he had some good games for us this season. But its been obvious to all for some time that the 4 regular full backs needed replacing. I don't think Kolarov should stay either but with his contract I expect he will.

That is nothing to do with him though is it (unless you think he wasn't trying his best)? Blame those who left us in the position where he was our best LB, not a player who tried his best for us and seemed to cause no problems even when not a starter. There was little of this criticism directed at Zaba when he was also a bit passed his best.

That is nothing to do with him though is it (unless you think he wasn't trying his best)? Blame those who left us in the position where he was our best LB, not a player who tried his best for us and seemed to cause no problems even when not a starter. There was little of this criticism directed at Zaba when he was also a bit passed his best.

A fair observation on it indeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.