MEN - United have "embarrassed" City over academy graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MEN is not a paper that can afford to keep shooting itself in the foot commercially. It still regards itself as a mainstream publication and this reporter, who is not long in his new job, has made a fool of himself. The paper only circulates in Greater Manchester and it is just stupid for any business to trash its own customers. It may be ok for London tabloids to call City a "sugar daddy club" but it is absurd for this to appear in a local paper. Snidey, juvenile jibes are out of place. I can imagine that Stuart Brennan will be furious because it will make his job a lot harder and he has been trying to build bridges with City fans and the club. It shows that the paper is out of touch with its marketplace...never a good thing.

I wasn't disagreeing with you.

The level to which this publication has fallen in recent years just demonstrates that they are putting all their eggs in the Rag basket, and reliant on trying to get a reaction from City supporters.

In journalistic terms, the MEN is as relevant at the Rags they favour .

It's just clickbait. I've stopped clicking.

Incidentally, did the MuEN mention the number of empty seats at the Swamp for their last game? The BBC did a great job of covering it up with their sly camera angles on MOTD.

To be fair it is a lot easier to give youth a chance at a club where expectations are low, if you are challenging for the top honours you have to be on the top of your game all of the time. I wish we were able to afford more game time to our up and coming players but the reality is they have some fine players they have to challenge to earn the right.

Much easier for mid table sides such as he Rags, West Ham, Southampton and the likes to do.

So they bring on some kids in a dead rubber at the end of the season after not giving any a game all year, then all of a sudden they are kings of youth development? Jesus these journalists are cretins. I know Maureen is famous for only giving journalists who print what he wants information, but even still it's just pathetic.

To be fair it is a lot easier to give youth a chance at a club where expectations are low, if you are challenging for the top honours you have to be on the top of your game all of the time. I wish we were able to afford more game time to our up and coming players but the reality is they have some fine players they have to challenge to earn the right.

Much easier for mid table sides such as he Rags, West Ham, Southampton and the likes to do.

Exactly this.

Also, MEN owned by Mirror Group Newspapers. Nuff said.

I wasn't disagreeing with you.

The level to which this publication has fallen in recent years just demonstrates that they are putting all their eggs in the Rag basket, and reliant on trying to get a reaction from City supporters.

In journalistic terms, the MEN is as relevant at the Rags they favour .

I agree. What they are doing smacks of desparation. They can get website traffic from rag fanboys across the world but the problem is they can't sell papers or advertising in their own backyard, especially when they ridicule at least 50 per cent of their potential customers (Blues). They don't seem to care about their reputation. I haven't bought their product for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.